OK i have a Peavey 5150II and im A/B/Ying it with a Roland JC120 for cleans and i use both channels for rhythm distortion and lead stuff. I noticed the bogner Has a gain knob on both channels i was wondering if it was set up the same way to where i could have a Rhythm Distortion and Lead Distortion and then Use The 120 for cleans.

THX
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
You could either mod your 5150, or use an OD pedal.

I'm outta suggestions. . .
so wait, what does the Uberschall have to do with this? Its been a long time since i played the Bogner, but the two gains are one for clean and one for drive channel.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
so you want to get an uberschall, use the lead channel for lead distorsion and the clean for rythem distorsion and the roland for cleans right? why waste that much money for that, couldn't you set up you 5150 for rythem then get an od pedal for leads?
Quote by xsynysterx06
adio_stack...i love you.
im not homo..

Quote by RideTheAnger13
lmao, omg, Adio, you have the best avatar known to man!
OK i think you guys misunderstood what i was saying. I currently have the 5150II. And its Great. I dont use massive amounts of gain Im more of an old school metal kinda guy. So i prefer my rhythm playing do be on the Rhythm Channel because it doesnt sound as dark i got the tone i like on that channel. Then i switch to the lead Channel for my lead tone because it has more gain making the solos better. and i love this set up it has great tone but not amazing im trying to find that amazing tone and i think i just think i can not accomplish it on this amp.

Now this is my question. Since both channels of the uberschall ave a Gain knob is it set up to where i could play my rhythm on one channel and leads on another the same way i do with my peavey and i figure the Uberschall is amazing and i should be able to get the amazing tone im looking for out of it. If this cannot happen does anyone else have any suggestions amp wise.
why dont you buy an amp less modern voiced and boost it with a od for your lead? the bogner is gunna be alot darker than the 5150....
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
ya but im looking for a buit darker tone thats why i suggested the Bogner. I just didnt know if you could use both channels on it for distorted tones or not
wait you want a darker tone, but you use the brighter channel on your amp? your an old school metal guy and you want a bogner? you dont use massive amounts of gain but you want a bogner?

sorry dude but what the ****?
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
I know dude i dont understand me either and i cant find any amp that can do what i want. I like the old school metal tone Metallica Megadeth Randy Rhoades.i dont want any more gain but i would like it to be a tad bit darker without any more gainand a little bit more bass.

I confuse myself plz help me someone lol
marshall with a EQ pedal? ENGL Powerball with foused/tight mid?
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
SPLAWN AMPS NIGGLET.

splawn and soldano.

check 'um.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
nice choice there derek. i forgot splawn. but do the splawns have 2 gain channels?
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
one of them is bound to.

even if it doesn't you can always put an eq in the loop.

EDIT: the pro-mod has 2 channels with 2 gain stages for each channel, so pretty much a 4 channel head with 2 eq's.

http://www.rocksolidamps.com/items.php?CA=13&UID=2006072209004024.240.212.104&Lang=

there's also sound clips of them on that site.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
I have tried Splawn and Soldano not exactly there good but not close soldano i have noticed is good for leads but not to great for rhythm. splawn was just decent at everything not amazing.

About the Marshall with the EQ i have tried numerous different EQ setting what ould you suggest with a Marshall im assuming a 800 or old School master volume Plexi
single channel 800. you dont need a crunch channel. just get a EQ and *maybe* a OD to boost it to modern tone. give the mids a slight scoop for the rythmn and plenty of midsd for lead.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
ya thats just how i EQ it. i think i may just need a better amp. What about the old school Mesa Mark Series Amps like the IIC or the Mark III. how do they sound in comparison to that i know metallica used to use them. Also any Pre Power amp Combinations. money is not really an problem i got a good job and can do a tad bit of Saving if it is really expensive.
that splawn derek found looks good.
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
ya but i have tried the Splawns not exactly amazing in my book

I mean there great amps but not what im looking for
Well, there's so many different amps that could probably do what you want. Something as simple as a Mesa Recto would be able to give you the tone that you're looking for. However, considering that you have a very high budget, a VHT Pitbull Ultra-Lead would suite you very well.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/VHT-G100UL-Pittbull-UltraLead-Head?sku=480400
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Ya is that for the half stack or just the head though?
Quote by Syn Harvest
Ya is that for the half stack or just the head though?

I'm pretty sure that's just the head. But you could always keep the 6505 cab and use it with the Ultra-Lead.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
might want to also check out the Framus Cobra or Dragon. 3 channels, clean, crunch, lead, with gain, volume and full EQ on each channel. They also have 2 master vol's that are accessible from the footswitch if you wanted a volume boost.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
diamond amps.
i havent heard them
but ive seen them in guitar world magazine.
looks pretty sicks.
search for them.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
the Framus Amps are nice but way to muddy and dark for my tastes.

I have never heard of these diamond amps ill look into it.

DO you think A Mesa Mark Series or possibly an Engl could get the tone im looking for.

Let me describe it again. Nice hi Gain Old school metal kinda tone lots of bass but i dont want it to muddy and tight. i think im just a walking contradiction thx for the help guys
Quote by Syn Harvest
the Framus Amps are nice but way to muddy and dark for my tastes.

I have never heard of these diamond amps ill look into it.

DO you think A Mesa Mark Series or possibly an Engl could get the tone im looking for.

Let me describe it again. Nice hi Gain Old school metal kinda tone lots of bass but i dont want it to muddy and tight. i think im just a walking contradiction thx for the help guys

I don't think the Framus are muddy if you EQ them right, that was actually one of the reasons I liked it. It's all preference though.

Nice hi Gain Old school metal kinda tone lots of bass but i dont want it to muddy and tight

you don't want it to sound muddy, but you want a lot of lowend, that's tight and responsive right? Is that what you meant?

I have a Mark IV with a recto 4x12, and I think it could do what you wanted. The R2 and Lead channels have a nice tight gain, loads of lowend, and I it stays very articulate. However, your opinion may differ from mine on mud. I would assume the IIc is probably as good or better judging by the regard they're held in, but I've never tried one personally.

The ENGL amps are kickass too, but it's a "brighter" amp IMO just judging by clips. I've never actually gotten a chance to play one in person however. You said first you wanted dark, but then you said you don't want it too dark. Maybe the ENGL is what you're looking for.

Rocksolidamps.com has some ENGL clips, although it might sound better in person than some of the clips, I haven't heard them all. Some of the Framus clips weren't that great sounding compared to how it sounds in person though. I also have some clips I made of my Mark IV and Framus, just the lead and clean channels, on my Dmusic page at the bottom.

edit: BTW, have you considered a rack setup maybe? Something like a Triaxis pre, Marshall JMP-1 pre, ENGL pre, etc., and a Mesa Strategy or Simulclass poweramp could cover a lot of ground.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jul 22, 2006,
Ya i was thinking about the triaxis and a Mesa Strategy 400 for the tone
yeah, I assume you've heard Corgan33's clips with his 500. That setup kicks ass.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Syn Harvest
OK i think you guys misunderstood what i was saying. I currently have the 5150II. And its Great. I dont use massive amounts of gain Im more of an old school metal kinda guy. So i prefer my rhythm playing do be on the Rhythm Channel because it doesnt sound as dark i got the tone i like on that channel. Then i switch to the lead Channel for my lead tone because it has more gain making the solos better. and i love this set up it has great tone but not amazing im trying to find that amazing tone and i think i just think i can not accomplish it on this amp.

Now this is my question. Since both channels of the uberschall ave a Gain knob is it set up to where i could play my rhythm on one channel and leads on another the same way i do with my peavey and i figure the Uberschall is amazing and i should be able to get the amazing tone im looking for out of it. If this cannot happen does anyone else have any suggestions amp wise.

Dude...if you want a darker tone then get an EQ pedal and boost the lower mid-range. There is NO REASON for you to buy a $2500+ amp when you already have what you do. (not to mention-are you in a heavily gigging band? do you have a cab that can match the greatness of a Bogner? etc.)
Yes Corgans Clips were amazing and thats why i was interested in it.

And shortly within in the next couple months i wwill be in a heavily gigging band so thats why i have been looking into it but i like your EQ pedal idea its alot cheaper solution but i just dont like to clutter my line with so many pedals i mean if they are true bypass its fine. I guess it wouldnt matter if i would be running it most of the time
^ yeah man, well with the EQ you can throw it into your effects loop so that you dont muddy up your signal to your amp with pedals. And then your tonal options will be a lot better...cuz you can turn it on or off or up or down whenever you want.