^ yeah that's right coloUr i'm a canuck, and darn proud of it, eh?

well anyways, i was looking up stuff related to repainting my guitar, seeing as i'm working on getting a new guitar soon, and wanna sexy-ify my current one.

i was checking out duplicolour when i stumbled upon this:

http://www.duplicolor.com/products/mirage.html
http://www.duplicolor.com/training/mirage_training.html

i thought that the "ice" colour would be fairly sexy with gold hardware

however i was wondering if the gloss finish included in the pack would be good enough, or would i have to buy a different one as well? i would guess that the included finish would suffice, seeing as it's meant for cars that drive out in snow and dirt and ****.

THe potential problem with buying another finish (other than the cost) is compatibility, i'm not entirely sure that a canadian tire clerk would be too interested in letting me open and try paint cans

thoughts?
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
sounds cool, dupli-color rocks
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
bump: remeber, all i want to know is if the clear included is enough to seal the guitar
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
yeah that shold be plenty...and if for some reason u need more im sure u can order just the clear finish

on a side note my moms car is painted with very similar stuff...its a purple car but when the sun hits it right it gets really dark, almost black, and other times its almost a blue
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
k thanx i'm not even sure when i can do this, i'm gonna have to wait till i get the dv8-r (see sig) i don't wanna fuk around till i have a good guitar to fall back on

EDIT btw my guitar is a squier, but funny thing, it's an sg... i believe it used to be listed on teh squier website, but it isn't anymore. i was wondering if anyone know the model, it's red.. that's all i can tell you about it, i bought it blindly when i didn't know anything about guitars, and i'm glad

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
Last edited by seek_&_destroy at Jul 22, 2006,
k another thing: i didn't know it was silver with rainbow highlights, i saw the pic and thought it was white with rainbow highlightes. Since the actual mirage part is the midcoat and the midcoat is actually a clear liquid that bends light, is it possible that i coul use the same kit, but change the primer to white primer? does anybody know if this is possible? or would i just have to try it out myself?

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build