Page 1 of 2
Im building a DA Fuzz face. I ordered a everything afew min. ago, but i cant find a site that sells gain selected ac128 pnp germanium transistors. The only one i found is in the uk and i dont want to pay a big s&h fee. Can someone post where i can get 2 of these plz.
http://www.smallbearelec.com/Detail.bok?no=10

These dont have the value posted, but they are specifically sellected for the Fuzz Face. Make sure you are doing the PNP version though and not the NPN version if you use these transistors.
yes. they will work in the circuit if they are ac128 or not. they are specifically for that Fuzz Face. see the thing is, transistors are switchable (as long as you switch a pnp for a pnp or npn for an npn. most of the time, though for fuzzes, transistor switching causes big changes in sound, so you usually want to use ones specifically for the pedal so that will work.
i think thats veroboard, cause ive never seen perfboard like that. but im not too sure
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
just a quick n00b quesiton....to call1800ksmyazz i guess....how do you tell when to use perfboard or veroboard? whats the difference? thanks for the help
I don't do drugs. Music is my high.
^ no differance at all.
Just depends on which one you like.
Quote by Gnod
^ no differance at all.
Just depends on which one you like.

what!? dont answer if you dont know.

Veroboard has all of the dots in each row connected so you solder everthing that is connected to one row, and then everthing connected to the next row, etc. The Perfboard has only holes with no connection. you use wires to connect the parts to the right places.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz

Veroboard has all of the dots in each row connected so you solder everthing that is connected to one row, and then everthing connected to the next row, etc. The Perfboard has only holes with no connection. you use wires to connect the parts to the right places.

thanks
I don't do drugs. Music is my high.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Pinkhaze. Neither is a perfboard. Buy a perfboard. The first is a prototype board and the second is a copper clad board.

i copy the wrong things. wasnt paying attention, hold on.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102863&cp=&origkw=perfboard&kw=perfboard&parentPage=search
this good??

if its not post something from radio shack that is plz.
Last edited by pinkhaze29 at Jul 23, 2006,
Quote by SuperAnalytical
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102845&cp=&pg=1&origkw=component+board&kw=component+board&parentPage=search

I believe that's what I used for my volume booster. It doesn't work (yet) but it's not because of any board issues. So yeah, get one or more of those.

No dont get that. Its not a Perfboard. Everyone is confusing the poor kid! He doesnt really understand the difference, so hes going to lay out the pedal on the board and its going to be connected wrong. If he bus a perfboard, problem solved!

Wow. Heres a perfboard: http://www.diystompboxes.com/cart/smallpf.jpg . Go to radio shack, find this and buy it. You only need a small one for what you are building.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz

Sorry For my bad grammer but i meant that it doesn't make a differance on which one you use in a project...
They've all got goddamn holes in 'em so it really doesn't matter as long as he makes sure he makes the wire connections correctly along with the lay out.

I did my pedal with the link I provided as suggested by not only a Radioshack employee but also a guitar player who has built pedals in the past.
Quote by SuperAnalytical
They've all got goddamn holes in 'em so it really doesn't matter as long as he makes sure he makes the wire connections correctly along with the lay out.

I did my pedal with the link I provided as suggested by not only a Radioshack employee but also a guitar player who has built pedals in the past.

Yea but this is his first pedal so he might not understand how veroboard holes are connected, or may not be able to figure out how to lay it out using a veroboard.
Mine had numbers on it, so it wasn't too hard to match it up to schematics telling me you can do it in a 5 strips by 7 holes (5x7, horizontal axis).

As long as someone have some sort of common sense, I don't think it would be too hard to figure it out.
I got the 3PDT switch today from DIY hopfuly the rest will come tomorrow so i can sstart this weekend.
Ill try and get pics up!!
Last edited by pinkhaze29 at Jul 27, 2006,
I have pics but when i upload it it says its to big.
If someone can help i will post them.

Figured it out

I just got parts yesterday, I just need transistors from Smallbearelec.
I bought this enclosure at radioshack but i think its to small http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062217&cp=&origkw=metal+project+box&kw=metal+project+box&parentPage=search
I might start tonight or tommorow. I will try to post more pics!!
Attachments:
picture007dc5.jpg
picture002cp5.jpg
picture003zd6.jpg
picture004xz4.jpg
Last edited by pinkhaze29 at Jul 30, 2006,
heh, so you bought Perfboard and copper clad? i presume you plan on more pedals in the future then, that enclosure should be plenty big enough, as long as you use a good layout, the fuzz faxe is real small then make sure that you plan where everything goes before you drill holes.
Yea i got the copper clad in a kit. I m not sure which to use yet. Proably the perfboard if i can cut it down.
How do i record it when its done?? I wanna post sound clips. Tonight i will proably paint the enclosure.
just go to start, accesories, entertainment, sound recorder, then plug in DI or use a mic (plug into line in slot) thats on windows though, if you have a mac, not only do i not know, but you are dumb (but thats only coz i want a mac )
Page 1 of 2