i juat got some EMGs, and 81 fot the bridge, and an 85 for the neck. i seem to have done everything right, but its (of course) not working. i know its an easy thing to mess up, but i cant seem to see where i went wrong, excpet for one thin. the diagram that came with the pickups showed a completely different looking switch than my jackson dinky has. i couldn't see where anything was when soldering things to the switch becasue the diagram was totally different. if you guys could give me some sites to go onto so i could find the right iring dagram that would be great....

thanks for your help
how many knobs does your guitar have and did you look on every face of the instructions?

also, how is it not working, like what are the symptoms
my guitar has 2 knobs, a tone and a volume, and a problem i faced was that the pots that came with the emgs didn't stretch far enough to the tone and volume control holes, so that sucked. my guitar has a three way switch that's completely different from the one on the diagram. the symptoms are: when i plug the guitar into my amp, and i play with both the volume and tone controls all the way up, there is no sound except for a slight "hum" sound. another wierd thing was that the last time i tested it, the volume knob was extremely hot, but i figured that we had used the solder on it for too long, as we had to make so many adjustments to it. the heat from the solder just traveled up and probably fried the pots. so im going to take everything out and put the other set that came with my emg-85 into the guitar, and do it exactly the way they said.....
maybe it would of been a good idea to go to a guitar shop for them to wire it for you. btw does your battery work?
On the plug that goes to the pup be sure you can see the little arrow.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
bring it to a guitar shop. i had a similar problem with my first guitar. i get emg 81 and 89 pups and wired them myself. pluged it in and they didnt work. i took it to a guitar shop and they said with the configuration i had of the 81 and 89 i needed the EMG pi2 toggle switch. so i got it and it fixed the problem

its right here

http://emgpickups.com/displayproducts.asp?section=Accessories&categoryid=32&catalogid=134
the battery works fine and im thinking of just taking it to a guitar shop like you said. does guitar center do a good job with that? and i think i messed up the pup quik-connect thing. you said you should be able to see the arrow, but i have it with the arrows facing down, can that be the problem? oh geez, i think it is.... i couldn't connect it when i had the arrow up, but ill try again...
Quote by nxtvanhalen
the battery works fine and im thinking of just taking it to a guitar shop like you said. does guitar center do a good job with that? and i think i messed up the pup quik-connect thing. you said you should be able to see the arrow, but i have it with the arrows facing down, can that be the problem? oh geez, i think it is.... i couldn't connect it when i had the arrow up, but ill try again...

That's your problem there. The arrow faces up (away from the pup). I had a hard time connecting them too like that. Keep trying and make sure the plug are straight to the pins.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+