Hey. I have a few questions here, decided to put it into one thread to save space. I just learned my first solo tonight, that being Paranoid by Sabbath, so to gain confidence in playing other people's solos , what solos are similar in difficulty/length to Paranoid? Thanks.

About guitars, do you think its worth it to get a guitar with 24 frets? Or should I settle for 22? Would 24 make much of a difference? And how good are Ibanez stock pickups and the Pro bridge?

Concerning amps, would it be more wise to buy an amp with 2 10" speakers or 1 12" speaker? What are the pros/cons of either setup? How would each affect my sound?

Thanks the replies!
^ Ibanez low end pickups are pretty bad, however imo the V series and IBZ/DIM are good stock pickups. The edge pro ibanez trem IMO is the best FR out there. Better than an ofr.

I definately prefer 24 frets... For one it provides better fret access for the higher frets up to the 23rd, and you also gain an octave. I use my 24th fret alot.

I'd personally just go with the 1 12 speaker, or a 2 12. What amp are you looking at?

Whats your budget

Hope this helps
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
personally i rarely go up to my 22nd fret so i wouldnt say ud need a 24th fret, i dont think ive seen nething on the 24th fret in ne songs ive learned either.
personally i rarely go up to my 22nd fret so i wouldnt say ud need a 24th fret, i dont think ive seen nething on the 24th fret in ne songs ive learned either.

yeah but I use a lot of my higher frets so I think I'd make good use of it, just making sure I ruled certain guitars out with good reason. Thanks for the advice.

I'd personally just go with the 1 12 speaker, or a 2 12. What amp are you looking at?

Whats your budget

Hope this helps

Well I've basically narrowed it down to two choices, I'll be buying this month...it's not tube or anything which is fine because I'm not at the level that I need it, think I need in the near future, or want the trouble. So I'm looking at a Behringer and a Vox. Most people go with Vox but I've like what I've heard with the Behringer, which is really all that matters. Can you tell me more about how each speaker setup will sound?
Quote by Randy_Rhoads4

Think about what your ssaying dude... YOU rarely go up to the 22nd, so your saying because YOU dont go up to the 22nd this guy doesnt need a 24th fret.

Die.

Threadstarter, steer away from the behringer, you'll definately be glad you did. The vox is a good amp, also look into the roland Cube 30/60 amps. Good amps for the price, with effects as well.

What are you thinking about getting guitar wise?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
^ l already asked that.........
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
For an amp, $400 - $450 is about my max...I found the Vox for 30% off so that's why I'm considering. Its not like I'm going pro, thus I'm not buying tube amps. Its still basically a practise amp, and I like having effects, just something to play around with so I can cover effects with a new amp. It'll basically come down to how I like the sound of it. I've never heard a Vox before, so I have a lot to test.

Concerning guitars, its a long range decision. I'm just trying to finalize my "dream" guitar and am looking at an Ibanez RG1570, and a number of Jacksons; Dinky, Soloist, Kelly/Warrior, either Pro or MG. Basically its a choice of body shape [probably end up sticking with a Strat style body] and pickups [dunno whether I want EMGs or SDs]
Out of those guitars, the RG1570 is DEFINATELY the best for the money.

It smokes the Dinky, and half the price of a good soloist.

Edge Pro, Basswood body, AANJ, Prestige Neck...... Endless fret access, 24 frets... I could go on and on

If your willing to pay 2000$ for an sl1, you might as well go ahead and get an Ibanez Jem or J-Custom which will spank that sl1 imo.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator