Ok, i got 250$ and am wanting to get a guitar to kinda sound like black sabbath, and at www.musiciansfriend.com i am most likely gonna get Epiphone G 310 Sg, i really like the Sg's by Gibson but they a little high for the money i got right now to spend which im 14 but if anyone knows of a better guitar to get to play what i want to play please send me a link to the guitar and i have been playing for about a year now i can still only play simple tabs but i hate my guitar and am ready for a new one so any suggestions? thanks,

Cole
Hey man, if ur lookin at gettin an epiphone id say spend another 100$ and move up to the G-400, ull get a much better guitar. I have one right now and its pretty good for the money i spent on it.
i just might cuz im pretty sure thats what sabbath guitarist tony imonini*(sorry about mispelling..) but yeah ill think about well i g2g sleep now but if any 1 else has some ideas tell me thanks, later

Favorite Bands:
Black Sabbath-Nirvana-AC/DC

Equipment:
Guitar: Epiphone Vintage G-400
Amp: Marshall MG30DFX
Pedal: DS-1 Distortion
If you want to sound like Tony Iommi, cut off the tips of your fingers, and put metal coverings on them.
You are not a slave...
Quote by toolfan_121
If you want to sound like Tony Iommi, cut off the tips of your fingers, and put metal coverings on them.

Their not metal, their leather.
yep.
Epiphone LP special II
-Duncan Designed pu's
Schecter c-1 Elite
-Neck:PAF Pro
-Bridge: Steve's Special
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Weeping Demon wah
Peavey studio pro 112 65 watt
Ampeg 50 watt
lol, good one but yeah well i guess im gonna go with th g 310 sg if any of yawl haven't personally seen it and thought it was crap so well tell me or pm me if you have any info well later holler

Favorite Bands:

Equipment:
NO! DO NOT get a G-310! They're garbage. Do yourself a favor and save up another $50 and get an Epiphone Vintage G-400 for $300 instead. Or, save a bit longer and get the Epiphone Iommi Signature SG. No matter what though, do NOT buy a G-310. It's made from crap wood and just isn't quality.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Randy_Rhoads4
Hey man, if ur lookin at gettin an epiphone id say spend another 100$ and move up to the G-400, ull get a much better guitar. I have one right now and its pretty good for the money i spent on it.

Not even a hundred if you get a vintage g400 its about $300. And I have read on UG that the only difference is the finish.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
Quote by Tenacious Me
Not even a hundred if you get a vintage g400 its about $300. And I have read on UG that the only difference is the finish.

It's true. The finish is just flat on the Vintage G-400. Everything else is the same.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ok thank ill go with the g 400 thanks

Favorite Bands:

Equipment:
^Good choice.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
^But he wants an SG. The only SG-like guitar Rondo has is the Valkyrie, which doesn't look much like an SG.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic

Quote by Danno13

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
well thanks for the advice everyone im gettin the worn cherry finish and it does look almost exactly like a gibson sg to em but i gotta find a good hardshell case for it now since im payin this much for it any suggestion on the case?

Edit:
Also i am prolly only gonna spend 50$ on the case or gig bag andi jus tneed somethign that will protect it pretty good, well thanks..

i just think ima gonna go with the Epiphone sg hardshell case 59.99

Favorite Bands:

Equipment:
Last edited by cole673 at Jul 23, 2006,