So who else is into this band? I think they are pretty good. Im lookin for their first album but I have 'Death by Sexy'. Discuss the Eagles of Death Metal.

O yea I also heard that they thought of their name because an Eagle is a peaceful creature and you think of like tranquility but Death Metal is loud and not peaceful. Any truth in this and if not what do you think (or know for sure) the reason is.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Quote by Mental Hop
Do they play Hotel California with ripping solo's and vokills?

nice
Used to have the first album on vinyl, sold it for roughly the price I paid, guess I should've held onto it a bit longer because suddenly they're getting a lot more attention.
The first album was great though, as was the live one, and the new single is good.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
eh, the new single i'm not too fond of. seems a bit 'meh' to me.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Punk Rocker
O yea I also heard that they thought of their name because an Eagle is a peaceful creature and you think of like tranquility

if birds of prey that will attack anything that moves are peaceful then that is correct lol

also is the drummer in their video the lead singer from Q.O.T.S.A 'cause they look mighty similar
Yep, their drummer is Josh Homme, he's been friends with the vocalist from high school or something along those lines.

The band came up as a concept from some drunk's rambling in bar that was proclaiming that the hair metal band Poison, were like The Eagles of death metal... they liked the idea so they went and created a band which would sound like The Eagles if they played death metal.
^Jack Black and Dave Grohl are also in the video
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
They're ok, I like I Only Want You and some other songs from the first album. The new singles good too.
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
I don't really take this kind of music seriously, it's fun to listen to now and then though. Peace, Love, Death Metal is a very good album, waaay better than Death By Sexy in my opinion.

Seljer is right about the band name so take his word for it.
they opened for the strokes when i saw them, i thought they were truly horrible....

every song sounded exactly the same to me, and the lead singer was freakin annoying, i think he was horny or something cuz he kept on yelling at all the girls in the crowd telling them to take off their shirts and stuff, the lead guitarist would play the same exact solo for evey single song, and the lyrics were very repetitive..

overall for their live performance i give them a 4/10

i'm not a fan of this band
Quote by Mental Hop
Do they play Hotel California with ripping solo's and vokills?

Appearantly yes, that seems to be the joke.

I like how somebody asked if these guys were a joke band. I guess they gathered that cause they see them havin a good time and joking around, I have more respect for a band that simply has a good time while they make music rather than a band who takes it way too seriously and lets politics get in the way.
Word.