so i know my rig is a little cheap [crate powerblock rig] but it gets good tone

i give it distortion with my boss mt-2 pedal...but i like to give it a boost with my eq pedal...the trouble is...when i boost the tone, it gets feedback...to fix this i have to turn down the gain on my head, which is more of a volume control than the volume on the head...but when i cut the gain, i can't get loud enough

so my question to you is...what is a working noise gate that will stop hum without killing tone?

and i did NOT make this thread as an invitation to insult my rig, which gets great tone for what i'm playing...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Boss NS2 for $80 or an isp decimator (which i think is better) for $120.... either of them would help but the isp would work better
Gear
mesa boogie single rectifer solo 50 head w/el34 tubes
4x12 recto cab
dunlop 95Q crybaby wah pedal
ISP Decimator
Epiphone SG
what's your experience with these?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
I just got my ISP decimator and i run it through the fx loop in my amp and it does what it supposed to do, but i guess you would set it up with your effects....neway isp does the trick
Gear
mesa boogie single rectifer solo 50 head w/el34 tubes
4x12 recto cab
dunlop 95Q crybaby wah pedal
ISP Decimator
Epiphone SG
okay, i'll get one

thanks =D
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac