What's a really good 25-35 W amp that's like awesome as hell...cuz i have a mum and I'm 16 i shouldnt have such a massive amp that takes up my room so i want to get a decent 25-35 W amp (cuz my 15 W sucks Hard). I've been looking at the Peavey, Ibanez, Laney, and Behringer range..i dont want fender cuz it's too expensive (or roland). so recommend amps that are decent and decently priced..thank you

Everything is bold is something you spelled wrong. I'm not even going to bother fixing the grammer. This is not a chat room. Learn to make constructive posts that people can actually read, and then maybe a few people will help you out. -Inky
I have an Ibanez SW35, it does what it I need it to do for practice.
Quote by h0d0g
Whts a reallly good 25-35 W amp that's like awesome as hell...cuz i haf a mum n im 16 i shouldnt haf such a massive amp tht takes up my room so i want to get a decent 25-35 W amp (cuz my 15 W sux Hard). I've been looking at the Peavey, Ibanez, Laney, and Behringer range..i dont want fender cuz it's too expensive (or roland). so recommend amps tht r decent n decent price..thx

First of all re-type your thread in an understandable manner, there are people on this forum where English is a second language, it may seem cool to type as you have done but it certainly isn't clever.
To your question, very few if any so called Bass amplifiers under 100 watts sound very good and that is because the speakers in them are as cheap as they can get away with supplying in a cheap amplifier.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by h0d0g
What's a really good 25-35 W amp that's like awesome as hell...cuz i have a mum and I'm 16 i shouldnt have such a massive amp that takes up my room so i want to get a decent 25-35 W amp (cuz my 15 W sucks Hard). I've been looking at the Peavey, Ibanez, Laney, and Behringer range..i dont want fender cuz it's too expensive (or roland). so recommend amps that are decent and decently priced..thank you

Everything is bold is something you spelled wrong. I'm not even going to bother fixing the grammer. This is not a chat room. Learn to make constructive posts that people can actually read, and then maybe a few people will help you out. -Inky

wow, I didnt know you could do that...

anyways, here are a few...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Perfect-Ten-10-Combo-Bass-Amp?sku=485039
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-SW35-35-Watt-Bass-Amp?sku=480136
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/SWR-LA10-Bass-Combo-Amplifier?sku=482036
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Crate-BT25-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=487806
I think the ashdown will be your best bet, the SWR and the Crate might be too expensive for you but since you didnt specify a price range I threw them in there anyway...and forget about behringer amps, if you want a cheap amp that will have a 50-70% chance of crapping out on you (in some way or another) and sounding like crap in the first place then fine, buy one...
"All matter is merely energy condensed into a slow vibration and we're all one consciousness experiencing ourselves subjectively, theres no such thing as death, life is just a dream and we're the imagination of ourselves."
Last edited by XeNoCiDe730 at Jul 22, 2006,
If you want a massive amp, look beyond 25-35 watts... I haven't heard of many 115's or 4x10 combos (assuming you aren't tryignt to find a 25 watt head) that pump 25-35. But if you find 8 inch speakers huge, you are all set.
Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray > Digitech BP200 > Gallien Krueger 400RBIII/115

Co-President of the fIREHOSE fANCLUB. PM Me, Tedrick, or Incubus_Science to join.

Quote by crazypeanutman

damn yertle, you got some groove
Orange has a really awesome practice amp that I believe is 30 watts or very close. It's like $200 tops, too.

Also, Inky, before going off on someone about spelling, you should learn to spell grammar correctly
TRANSFIXUS SED NON MORTUUS
Quote by Bassman86
Also, Inky, before going off on someone about spelling, you should learn to spell grammar correctly
Stop nit picking at a perfectly valid comment!
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Sorry about the bad English (I'm 16, what do you expect). But you guys aren't really helping me, so instead, i'm going to ask who has Peavey and Ibanez Bass Amps and would you recommend them.

and I'm 15... -Inky
I'm also 15 and don't speak like that..

I played on a Peavy 35w the other day and it sounded ok. £150.
Quote by h0d0g
Sorry about the bad English (I'm 16, what do you expect). But you guys aren't really helping me, so instead, i'm going to ask who has Peavey and Ibanez Bass Amps and would you recommend them.

and I'm 15... -Inky

Sorry didn't realise you were from Sydney, what were you family transported for?
Bass amps below 100 watts don't have decent speakers, 35 watt amps distort and the speakers fart, 6 months down the line you'll be wanting to upgrade.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by h0d0g

and I'm 15... -Inky

I think I use way too much MSN
Quote by h0d0g
Ok check these 2 out, and can you tell me which one you would prefer

http://www.musicianswarehouse.com.au/default.aspx?Pg=21&ProductCode=SW35
http://www.venuemusic.com.au/Products.asp?ProdID=7493

The peavey one is weird it doesn't have a volume knob...
The peavey does have a volume control as well as gain, it also has a 12" speaker, I'd still go for one of the 15" budget range Ashdowns though, you'll soon want to upgrade with either of these, 12s & 10s are ok in multple speaker setups, 15s will work on their own.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
The peavey does have a volume control as well as gain, it also has a 12" speaker, I'd still go for one of the 15" budget range Ashdowns though, you'll soon want to upgrade with either of these, 12s & 10s are ok in multple speaker setups, 15s will work on their own.

According to www.peavey.com The Max 112 doesn't have a volume control. Or is Master Volume and Volume different?
Quote by h0d0g
According to www.peavey.com The Max 112 doesn't have a volume control. Or is Master Volume and Volume different?
No not really in this case, also the DDT or whatever on peavey gear usualy limits bottom end bass response.
G&L L2500
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
300 watt 15" powered cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Thanks John Swift for your advice. I will begin negotiating with my mum what to get