hi im really baffled as to deciding on a guitar
im 95% certain it will be an Epi Les Paul of some kind, i just wondered which one would be best

i have enough for a custom or black beauty, but i want one in a colour other than black or white( im talkin bursts)
im a huge fan of Zeppelin and Hendrix, but i also love the Beatles, Queen and even the Darkness.........i need something that suits all five

help me obi wan kenobi, youre my only hope! (sorry but i had to say it)

oh and i wanna know if with les pauls, Plus is better or worse (eg. Classic plus, standard plus)
Last edited by Jonbagga at Jul 22, 2006,
If you can afford any Epi Les Paul you can also afford the least expensive Gibson SGs and Flying Vs if I'm not mistaken.

Personally if I had $700-800 I'd buy a 72' Telecaster Custom Deluxe Reissue. You know, the one with the Gibson-style volume and tone nob set up and pickup switch. Them things are sweet.

But anyway I've only played a few Epi Les Pauls but I've never been horribly impressed. If you can find one with a natural finish on the neck that would be for the better, i've found the finish they use often gets sticky, making it harder to move you're hand up and down the neck quickly.
yeah..... the tele is my second choice, but theyre not as available here in Aus for bargain prices
get what I have:

Joe Perry Boneyard (bigsby was added later, isn't stock)
1st ever MOD challenge winner
Rush Club Member #5
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join
Member #4 of The Geddy Lee Fan Club
Member #21 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join
you should check out some of these LP copies. a member of the site(crunchmeister) owns a AL-3000 prestige and says it beats his gibson. heres a full review he did. A ton of other people on the site also own agiles and they all say the same stuff about how great they are. heres a full review he did-the review
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by RadioMuse
If you can afford any Epi Les Paul you can also afford the least expensive Gibson SGs and Flying Vs if I'm not mistaken.

Why the hell would he buy some POS low end Gibson over a high end Epi?? That's just idiotic - Those low end Gibsons are low quality and are just plain trash. Just because it says Gibson it doesn't mean it's not a POS.

Topic Creator, I suggest you look for an all mahogany Epi Les Paul Custom or look at the Agile AL-3000. They're probably your best options for LP's. You could probably find a used Epi Elitist LP for $600-$800 as well if you check Ebay often enough.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
epiphones blow uless your getting the elitest series, thats just my opinion, go for an edwards

www.katanaguitars.com

or look for them on www.ebay.com
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
yeah thanks fellas but i spose im just a sucker for big brands
but ill take it all onboard
What about ESP LTD EC series, ever considered that?
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by Xenn99
Why the hell would he buy some POS low end Gibson over a high end Epi?? That's just idiotic - Those low end Gibsons are low quality and are just plain trash. Just because it says Gibson it doesn't mean it's not a POS.

Topic Creator, I suggest you look for an all mahogany Epi Les Paul Custom or look at the Agile AL-3000. They're probably your best options for LP's. You could probably find a used Epi Elitist LP for $600-$800 as well if you check Ebay often enough.

So...did Gibson ever...like rape you or something when you were a child?

You go along topics bashing them over and over again, have you actually played more than one Gibson? More than one Gibson Special?

the threadstarter said he was 95% sure it was going to be an Epiphone LP. Let's tell him which one is best. I think an Elitist LP is out of your price range (unless you find one somewhere of course! ) so have a look at the Les Paul Standard Plain top or, as stated above by Tom, a signature Joe Perry Epiphone.
get a gibson dude......you probably have enough for one from ebay or something
I've never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number. - Bon Scott