Poll Options
View poll results: Which strat looks the best
13 33%
7 18%
13 33%
5 13%
2 5%
Voters: 40.
Hey please vote tell me which you think looks best, or comment on them. I'll be playing blues, if that matters... I guess you could see which ones suit the style.

what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
Last edited by Viruk at Jul 22, 2006,
3+5
3 would look better with a redder tortise shell pickguard and a 3 tone sunburst.
I think 3 looks the best cause it reminds me of the SRV strat, which i have played the replica and i have to say sounded AMAZING.<gotta love guitar center. but at the same time it almost reminds me of the John Mayer strat and that makes me wanna hurl.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
I'm thinking of some kinda variant of number 3... right now number 2 looks best to me but I don't want to look like a SRV immatation.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
1 or 2 look the best
but if u want to stay away from looking like an SRV immatator go with 1
Member 3 of the FINAL FANTASY VII club.

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
3 definately
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
I always prefer the solid color pickguard, so I select 1 or 2.
I would say three, but I'd have a three ply pickguard, maple neck and a three tone sunburst. And I'd have an output jack on top (unless you just forgot that). Like this:

But of course it is your guitar, and it is entirely up to you.

EDIT: Also, you say you don't really want to copy SRV, just think how many people use the other designs. I mean look at number 4; pure Clapton (apart from the rosewood fingerboard). Go with whichever you prefer, who cares if people think you're copying.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Last edited by Calum_Barrow at Jul 22, 2006,
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Quote by blinnk16
Thanks epacers, that was a load of help.

Quote by gnarly_
I respect you man...Your going on my people who dont suck list...
Yeah, I just forgot the imput. I knew I was missing something! As for the fretboard, I'm not a fan of maple so I wouldn't change it just for the looks. I'd like a rosewood fretboard.

I want something a little different though, that's the thing. A solid white pickguard looks fine but so many people have that. I'm thinking of messing around with #3 til I find something really nice.

Check out my recordings
what website did you do those on?
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
I think tortoise shell pickguards are sexy, and I prefer bursts over solids (most of the time). So #3