Ok, i'm not sure about what kind of amp boost/OD/distortion pedal i should buy. I need something to add enough gain and volume to a dirty tube amp to be able to shred (a la dream theater,steve vai, Satriani)without the highs being so sharp babies die. Right now i have the thrash metal lead guitar tone (sounds like treble is at 11).

I have been suggested Wylde OD, Bad Monkey, DS1, Tube Scremer, Fuzz(various ones), Balls out metal type distortion pedals, and EQs.

Any suggestions, preferances, or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
the boss sd-1 is more harsh and trebly, so you probably don't want that. Nor would you want the dod 250.

The tubescreamer is known to be less harsh and have a warmer tone. It's also the most-used IMO in all genres. Ibanez has a billion +1 versions of it, but maxon originally made the chip for the ibanez version. Therefore I would get the maxon od-9 w/ the true bypass. Should run you about $150. Or you could just get the ibanez ts8 or whatever it is for around $100.
ive heard good things about the jeckyl and hyde.. but then again people also recommend the spider II around here (rolls eyes)... so just go out and try anything you can find.. who knows the best sound may come out of a pedal you've never even heard of before.. no one knows what sounds better to you than yourself..
Some to try: Fulltone OCD, Menatone Blue Collar, Tonebone Classic, and Tonebone Hot British. There are a lot of options, so the best thing to do is go to the music store and try a bunch of them out for yourself.
Summer Sale: Save 20% on Jam Tracks or Exotica. Save 30% when you buy both. Sale ends September 4th.
www.UnderTheGroove.com
I"m very limited on music stores. One is a Line 6 joint and the other is a Boss place.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
The Ibanez Tube Screamer is a great pedal.. that's all I have to say.
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
A lot of the metalcore bands out today use a Maxon OD-9 I think it is, to boost their amp give it a little more edge and drive.
-Fender Deluxe Active P-bass (60th anniversary)
-Peavey T-40 (1982)
-Hartke HA-3500
-Aguilar GS 2x12
-GK Backline 2x10