I've been playing guitar for about.3 years maybe, and the apst 4 months I havn't learnt a thing (it's so frustrating) I've heard that the next step for me is "double picking" can someone please advise me what I should do next..
thanks alot everyone
What the Hell is double picking?

er...closest thing to the word "Double" I know of in guitar playing is double plucking, which is used in lots of Flamenco Stuff.

Which you can learn by practicing this:

http://www.guitarboard.com/n/nicolo-paganini/sonata-in-c-major-17178.php

But , if you have been playing for three years then I guess either tapping or Sweeping Picking could be a good addition to your guitar playing.
Proud Owner of:

Jackson RR3
Jackson WRMG

Quote by madbasslover
What's the big deal with Gibsons, anyway?
I've heard loads of Gibsons being played before
and they don't sound any more special than
any other guitar.

^UG's King Of Fail.
Quote by Numbkris
I've been playing guitar for about.3 years maybe, and the apst 4 months I havn't learnt a thing (it's so frustrating) I've heard that the next step for me is "double picking" can someone please advise me what I should do next..
thanks alot everyone

Double picking ?
You sure not double plucking like Eternal_One said ?

everyone hits the wall at some point in guitar, it'll pass
you mean picking two notes at the same time. and yeh learn stuff from other music genres that you usually play or learn steve vai, joe satriani stuff
from what I've heard it's when you pick the strings really fast and do something crazy with the fingers (like heard in dragonforce songs)(or so I'm told) used in solos llike when there's a really fast fast part...
do you mean like alternate picking..up and down, or legatos?
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
alternate picking aye...jsut picking up and down right? I can do that..can anyone jsut send me the name of a song that helped them with solos or something because I really havn't learnt anything in a while..and my solos need work
wow I jsut ran a search on"legatos" (i'd never heard of ti before) and my days!! maybe that is what I should be looking for lol man that is sick!! anyone know where I can learn it?
All "legato" is, is fluid playing..... Using very little picking and most hammer ons, pull offs, and trills....

BY double picking i assume you mean alternate picking?
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator