ive been doing research on Gibson SGs.

What do you guys think about the SG Junior?
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
I dont know if you realize, but i dont think its a full sized guitar, lol. It's like a mini-guitar.
no its full sized. it just has like one P-90 in it.
Founder of the Cas is God Club. PM me to Join.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
it's times like this I wish I had a sharp pointy stick, or an army of flying meerkats

^ Im his favorite 2006er.

Quote by IamIronMan88
i like buttsecks...
you've been researching gibson sg's. Well thats good.

Gibson SG Junior? Sounds like a smaller version of the SG, maybe a little less quality.
~To live is to die~
My God some people are ignorant. Gibson makes guitars called "juniors." They are full size guitars that just have a single P-90 pickup. There is the Les Paul version, the Double-cut version, and the SG version. All three have a single p-90 instead of humbuckers like their Standard couterparts. Hence, "junior." It's possible to find DC Jr.'s with two p-90's as well.

Gibson realeased them years ago as a more affordable alternative to the more expensive versions. There are also Epiphone versions of them out there that aren't half bad. Although quite a few version suck.

Topic creator, The Gibson SG Jr. that Musician's Friend has is pretty overpriced. THey had it at $500 with a harshell case when it first came out. Now it's $700 with a gigbag. Even so, I haven't heard anything really bad about them. If you like the sound of P-90's I don't see why it wouldn't work for you.

I will say, however, that you can get a hell of a guitar for $700 if you don't buy a Gibson. There are lots of other guitar brands out there that make excellent guitars in that price range. Quite a few with P-90's as well. If you'd like I can post a list of some good ones in that price range.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
My God some people are ignorant. Gibson makes guitars called "juniors." They are full size guitars that just have a single P-90 pickup. There is the Les Paul version, the Double-cut version, and the SG version. All three have a single p-90 instead of humbuckers like their Standard couterparts. Hence, "junior." It's possible to find DC Jr.'s with two p-90's as well.

Gibson realeased them years ago as a more affordable alternative to the more expensive versions. There are also Epiphone versions of them out there that aren't half bad. Although quite a few version suck.

Topic creator, The Gibson SG Jr. that Musician's Friend has is pretty overpriced. THey had it at $500 with a harshell case when it first came out. Now it's $700 with a gigbag. Even so, I haven't heard anything really bad about them. If you like the sound of P-90's I don't see why it wouldn't work for you.

I will say, however, that you can get a hell of a guitar for $700 if you don't buy a Gibson. There are lots of other guitar brands out there that make excellent guitars in that price range. Quite a few with P-90's as well. If you'd like I can post a list of some good ones in that price range.

The SG Jr. Is a nice guitar, when it was $500. Last month it was at $599, still not bad. But WTF, even the SG special with P-90s went from $7something to $999. Did Gibson decide one day that they weren't making enough money already and raised the price more?
^Apparently they did. A lot of their prices went up. Hell-even the LP Specials which were crap for $650 went up to $750.

Topic creator, are you absolutely set on the SG shape?
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar