Yo! I've been looking at getting a Marshall Microamp MS-2 or Microstax MS-4 for private pratice in my room and so I can bring it with me on any trips etc. Just wanted to know if anyone has gotten or used one before? Is it as good as it claims to be and is it light and would you recommend it? Thanks.

PS. None of that 'I HATE MARSHALL' or '**** MARSHALL' crap here, please.
These?, they're Ok, but save up a little and you'll get yourself a Microcube, that amp is louder, and it has built-in effects.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Micro-Cube-Battery-Powered-Amp-with-COSM-and-Effects?sku=480196

EDITY-
No one here hates marshall, they hate the MG/AVT Series, their tube amps are to die for, but their SS amps are crap and overpriced.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
Quote by edwardthegreat5
These?, they're Ok, but save up a little and you'll get yourself a Microcube, that amp is louder, and it has built-in effects.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Micro-Cube-Battery-Powered-Amp-with-COSM-and-Effects?sku=480196

EDITY-
No one here hates marshall, they hate the MG/AVT Series, their tube amps are to die for, but their SS amps are crap and overpriced.

That Roland Micro Cube looks good, but it's a bit heavy for bringing around. I want one that's pretty much entirely versatile and portable.

EDIT -
Yeah I know, but I just read a thread about 'Why do Marshalls suck so much ass?' And what's wrong with the MG/AVT series anyway? My friend has an MG and it works like a beauty.
Last edited by R.Stratocaster at Jul 22, 2006,
I've heard good things from the '57 Mini Twin, or you can buy a stack-in-the-box from dean.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-57-Mini-Twin-Amp?sku=481134
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Stack-in-a-Box-Guitar-Headphone-Amp?sku=240508

Meh, tone is subjectable, some like the MG, others hate it, but most hate it.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
the MS-2 isnt an amp man...well...it IS...but its just a noveltly. More of a 'set on your table to look cool or to spruce up the living room' kinda deal. It basically just makes noise...thats about it. The Microcube on the other hand is a good idea. It can run on batteries. 2watts, 5" speaker.
Quote by Inahrima
^ I hate it cos its extremly overpriced. You could get a better amp with more feautures whatever for the same price.

Wow, I can't believe I forgot to state that in my post, It's praticlly what draws everyone I know away from that amp.

If it was only $200 for an MG100DFX(or whatever it's called), it would be a good deal for a practice amp.
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by Blinded0n1sidE
the MS-2 isnt an amp man...well...it IS...but its just a noveltly. More of a 'set on your table to look cool or to spruce up the living room' kinda deal. It basically just makes noise...thats about it. The Microcube on the other hand is a good idea. It can run on batteries. 2watts, 5" speaker.

The MS-4 seems pretty good. Like I said, I just want something to practice in my privacy. My room isn't soundproof or anything and my crappy amp set just on Vol. 1 is already too loud for me.
It sounds like plugging into your ass, but it's handy for running, jumping and scaring old people.
ESP H-300 (EMG81/85)
Ibanez RG570
Ashton VP30
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CE-5
Boss DS-2
Behringer EQ-700
Member #12 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Mr T of the Avatar A-Team.
with a marshall, the brilliance lies int he upper hand ranges
the ones that like i can afford, are like the MG series which sucks. avoid the MG series
i have the ms-2 and it is awesome great to take on trips or to warm up on before a gig. they are mega lite and have a belt clip so yo can walk around with it in you and play. they are really cool. and inexpensive