Page 1 of 3
what do you think about this pedals?
http://www.zvex.com/effects.html
I like them alot, but they seem to be expensive.

Most of all i like fuzz factory and super hard on.

Do some of you have any of them? WHaddyathink? Are they worth the money?

which do you like?
I have owned a fuzz factory, I loved it, but had to sell it to afford my telecaster

They are pricey yes, but thats what you have to pay to get boutique pedals.
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
I'd like a fuzz factory because Matt Bellamy (Muse) uses one extensively. they're a bit pricey, but if you like Muse (yay!) then its worth it. They're essentially Muse in a box.
can you post some sample with different sounds? I mean, can you get other kind of sound with that? DUnno... A distortion..
thx
yeh you can get soft distortions on it as well. i will post up some clips of shoddy playing as well
They're identical.

The only difference is that the grey one is screen printed instead of hand painted, and hence a bit acheapoer.
They're expensive, but Zvex stuff is special enough to warrant the price.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
yep the green one is handpainted while the silver is screenprinted also the vexter has the 9v plug where as the handpainted version doesnt. still though the vexter is well worth the money and i waited nearly 4 months just to buy mine and it was well worth it
they are a small boutique pedal company. they make stuff upon order, and they have waiting lists.

I realized the the 4uzz I build, when going through my multieffects processor, sounds very similar to the fuzz factory. My pedal only has 2 knobs for each fuzz, but by adjusting them, I can get the fuzz factory "velcro" sound, a synth sound, a normal fuzz sound which makes me so happy to know that I basically have a fuzz factory except built by myself.
Quote by shmooty
I'd like a fuzz factory because Matt Bellamy (Muse) uses one extensively. they're a bit pricey, but if you like Muse (yay!) then its worth it. They're essentially Muse in a box.

matt uses a diezel vh4, manson guitars and a crapload of fx, its NOT his tone in a box, trust me
I like the Zvex pedals but I think for the price you can do better. Part of the high price is the custom hand painted case.

For an OD pedal consider Subdecay Stupid box or Blackstar, Fulltone OCD.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mudder
I like the Zvex pedals but I think for the price you can do better. Part of the high price is the custom hand painted case.

For an OD pedal consider Subdecay Stupid box or Blackstar, Fulltone OCD.

I don't think Zvex really has any classic type overdrive pedals. The most normal thing he has is the Super Hardon which is a simple clean boost and then he has got a bunch of crazy **** like the Fuzz Factory
^The Box of Rock that's coming out is gonna be pretty normal based on the short clips I've heard, but most of his stuff isn't your run-of-the-mill effect.
Quote by seljer
I don't think Zvex really has any classic type overdrive pedals. The most normal thing he has is the Super Hardon which is a simple clean boost and then he has got a bunch of crazy **** like the Fuzz Factory

You're right on that point, I just have a hard time spending that sort of money on such specialized pedals. Probably because I'm more a meat and potatoes player. I mean really, $250-300? That's a lot of green for a pedal.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by markom89
^The Box of Rock that's coming out is gonna be pretty normal based on the short clips I've heard, but most of his stuff isn't your run-of-the-mill effect.

where are those clips?
i didnt get a thing... Is the super hard on a distortion pedal or not?
What sounds can i get with it?
it's an overdrive pedal, you can overdrive your amp with it on a very natural way, it sounds a bit different than a normal overdrive pedal though, and well it just rocks ...
if you turn it on it will sound a bit distorted/overdriven, If you have a decent tube amp that is, otherwise I'm not sure what it will sound like, probably not that good.
The super hard on isnt a full out overdrive. its like a gain booster overdrive. sound samples are on the site.
Last edited by call1800ksmyazz at Jul 28, 2006,
well.. on the site there is only a video. And in it i cant hear a sound i want.. i mean, you can hear it with low gain in clean channel, and then in overdrive channel.. I want to know how it sounds like with max gain in clean channel
no.
in the first sample he plays clean with low gain. Before with bypass, then it presses and you can hear a little difference in the sound because the pedal is active.
Then he turns up the gain knob, and you hear hard sound, but it seems to me that he says he's playing on a overdrive channel... so I cant understand how the pedal will sound on a clean channel..
I dont know wheter to build it or not.. Because perhaps i'll get no satisfcation with it.
Anyway i have all the necessary components... But i'd have preferred a fuzz factory
Your listening to the Super Duper Hard-On. Look at the normal one. He is saying he is playing with overdrive on the pedal. Thats just how he says it.

You cant build that pedal. Theres no schematic around for it. If you found one, let me know.
Quote by call1800ksmyazz
Your listening to the Super Duper Hard-On. Look at the normal one. He is saying he is playing with overdrive on the pedal. Thats just how he says it.

You cant build that pedal. Theres no schematic around for it. If you found one, let me know.

yeh the schematics for the pedals are very hard to come by and there have been some for the fuzz factory but i dont know if theyre real
I have its schematics anyway..
If you want pm me
there are 2 different versinos: one with volume knob added
I will do that
Quote by falcon!!!
no.
in the first sample he plays clean with low gain. Before with bypass, then it presses and you can hear a little difference in the sound because the pedal is active.
Then he turns up the gain knob, and you hear hard sound, but it seems to me that he says he's playing on a overdrive channel... so I cant understand how the pedal will sound on a clean channel..
I dont know wheter to build it or not.. Because perhaps i'll get no satisfcation with it.
Anyway i have all the necessary components... But i'd have preferred a fuzz factory

If still confused about the whole "overdrive thing listen to the SHO clip.
He demos the SHO through a vintage marshall... Vintage Marshalls have only 1 channel. That might clarify things a bit.

Yeah the SHO is basically an old 60's recording console volume control... Yeah... Really.

Basically you are just loading your pickups like you are plugging into another amplifier... Turning that amplifiers gain knob and then sending that signal into your amplifier. In fact it creates so much gain that he even warns you could blow up your amp! No Joke!

I still think it is a tremoundously useful pedal.... If you want to hear a great demo of the pedal you should listen to Johnny Lang playing with Kenny Wayne Shepherd in the song Deja Voodoo. The intro is a classic example of how the SHO should be used.

Cheers
My Favorite Rig Of The Moment

Fender American Strat -> Barber Tone Press -> Xotic AC Booster -> Keeley TS9 -> Hughes & Kettner TubeFactor -> Fender Blues Junior
Last edited by GuitarMD at Jul 28, 2006,
Page 1 of 3