Ive Just bought my dream guitar a Gibson Les Paul Classic, my last rig was a squier strat pack and now im stuck with the little Fender Frontman 15G.

Clearly i need a new amp, but i dont have oodles of money lying around now so im hoping for less than $1000 AU. I play hard rock/metal favourite bands being
The Darkness
Metallica
Black Sabbath
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin
Santana (bit of an oddball lol :rolleyes

I dont want anything solid state, and im hoping for onboard reverb as a pedal is like 350 au!

What should i get?
pfft only valve amp your going to get is a fender blues junior and an ibanez valbee

edit: could get a peavey valveking 112 with that amount of money
Well check for used Marshall JCM's, JMP's, JTM's (their all tueb amps), i play what you play and my Marshall JCM0900 can easly ahndle it
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
your in aus so pop down to a music store and ask em what they can do for you, don't buy anything, go back home and tell us what they have. some aus websites are musicianswarehouse.com.au, and bmusic.com.au - they both have a pretty ok selection of things, ebay occasioanlly has stuff up but it's still pretty slow in aus.
5150's can be found for $600 usd all day long.
B-52 AT100
JCM900 (one here for $550 recently)
Peavey XXX
Laney gh50t
Ampeg vh120 (smoooookin' hot)
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I've heard good things about the Peavey Valvekings, but I can't really comment much on them because I haven't tried one. They're in your budget though and are full tube.

And no matter what they're better than an MG.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Valvekings are very meh. They're better than most SS amps. I'd say just hold out for a while and save up to get a better tube amp. It sounds like you'd like a JCM900 or possibly a Mesa Recto.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)