I was wondering if anyone knew any good stage antics or things to say to get the crowd going, I have a gig coming up and im not sure how to introduce the band, or anything to say to say in between songs..
Quote by rockon1824
I hope you're kidding dude. They won't even have a drum section, why would they have a car tyre section?
Do like Angus Young does, play like half a second of a note then hold your hand up 2 your ear for the crowd to shout when they do you then play 2 seconds of the song, then stop ear and hand again and keep on gogin till you are in full swing.

Definatley works i did it loads when i was younger.
-Grimes-
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Grimes - Everyones Favourite Northerner!
i'm like the guy out of dry kill logic and i try to work the crowd like burton bell. Hold the mic high, and move it across ur face like serj does in the toxicity video. When playing though, I kinda go a bit catatonic and rigid, which i've been told is really cool.
I said to what looked like a bunch of heavies "OH YEAH!" they got the idea and said"YEAH!" and then on the third make we made it really big and then after their "OH YEAH" we played Seek and Destroy, so that went down well, but i doubt it will work on non-metal heads.
Always waiting for that bit of inspiration.
feed off the crowd, and the music your playing. just do what feels right. it helps if you script one "trademark" move. my band has one song, with a piano breakdown towards the end then a wailing guitar solo. for the solo, i climb on top of the piano to play it, kina like a signature. if youve got something like this, the crowd will love it. you are performing for them, so do what they want and like, but dont turn into their bitch.
Quote by Zeus2716
feed off the crowd, and the music your playing. just do what feels right. it helps if you script one "trademark" move. my band has one song, with a piano breakdown towards the end then a wailing guitar solo. for the solo, i climb on top of the piano to play it, kina like a signature. if youve got something like this, the crowd will love it. you are performing for them, so do what they want and like, but dont turn into their bitch.

original........
sounds like u copied slash to me.... infact was this song november rain?
Quote by Zeus2716

I'm listening to "November Rain" as we speak, lol that's not very original, but who cares, its hard to be original these days.

To the threadstarter: the best way to figure these things out is to go to other band's gigs and get a feel for what they do. Or watch concert footage from big name bands. You gotta love Youtube

And if your playing guitar, don't feel the need to go crazy (unless you do play pop-punk or emo ). The most under-rated way to get the crowd going is actually playing well lol. You don't need to strip, light your guitar on fire, or jump into the crowd to get the crowd's attention. But then again, it's all up to what kind of music you play.

Just please, for god's sake, make sure the crowd actually will catch you if you try jumping into them don't be like Fall Out Boy (unless your into gay $****).
Watch live concerts, get ideas and during gigs just try things you think would get the crowd head-banging or moshing...and like Hardin said..."The most under-rated way to get the crowd going is actually playing well, lol." Jam as hard as you can and people will go crazy! (i think)
"Don't misinterpret what I'm about to say as something bad, but if you can't play six strings, why do you have seven?" - Dimebag Darrell.

I'm in the 8% of teenagers that likes real music club
pm *rocknrollqueen or Johnsonville to join.
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
#21 OF THE NON-CONFORMIST CLUB
Last edited by Zukev at Jul 12, 2010,