Hey, I went to the music store again yesterday and I tried out some Fenders. I thought I'd never like them, so I never tried them in the past, I always thought I'd get an Ibanez or Gibson or something. But the Tele and Strat both felt very nice! It was comfortable, I officially love Maple necks now and it just plays so well. Can someone please tell me the pros and cons of the Tele and Strat? My teacher says the MIA is alot better than the MIM. Is that true? I also play Jazz, Classic Rock, Hard Rock, Punk Rock and do alot of Santana solos. If there are other guitars better, please post and I'll check them out.

Thanks in Advance

EDIT: My Budget is around $1000 CAD
Last edited by hckfrk38 at Jul 22, 2006,
I would go with the Strat if i were you the Strat will perfectly with the type of music you play. Personally Im a not big fan of Telecaster because it reminds to much of like Rockabilly and country music.
Personally I like Telecasters, the lipstick at the front has a great feel to it.

And yes, the MIAs are better than the MIMs.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
I'm also in a similar situation and would be interested in replies.

I've heard that there are slight differences in quality between the Mexican and American made ones. But you'll have to play them to decide weather the quality difference is worth the price difference.
i say strat, because i like them more, i havent played a tele, i don't much care for the shape of them
Quote by Johnljones7443
Brad, you smell.

Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
brad you smell like my hairy left nut

yeah strats are versitile like pugnapugnapugna said. tele's seem to make alot of different tones and sounds which might be ideal for your santana solo's and stuff like that. what are the fret boards made out of? rosewood?
Are the Fender Calssic Teles MIM or MIA? I tried MIA and MIM yesterday. They both feel the same to me, is it how it's built?
both can play ur music with the right pickups. but ull have an easier time of it with the strat style and a good mx of hot and classic pickups.

MIA strats are worth the grand+. and MIM strats are worth $350-600. (depending on model)

basically, im saying both are reasonably priced for what u get.
u might want to get an upgraded MEx strat, something better than standard but not quite MIA.
ull get more for ur money. ull stil get better pups, upgraded neck, but the upgrades u get will be specific to ur tastes, rather than the lowest level MIA.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by wolfmother256
yeah strats are versitile like pugnapugnapugna said. tele's seem to make alot of different tones and sounds which might be ideal for your santana solo's and stuff like that. what are the fret boards made out of? rosewood?

They ahev Rosewood and Maple, but they mostly are made of maple (atleast all the ones I saw were all Maple)
there is a huge difference btwn MIA and MIM. MIM ones suck trust me, i have a MIM stratocaster and it sucks. my friends MIA one is a million times better. as far as which is better the telecaster or the strat, is really up to you. the telecaster gets some really good sounds. there is a video of steve vai playing a telecaster and the tone is incredible. strats are really good too, i think theyr lighter also. anyway, strats get really nice cleaner sounds, not distorted ones. hope that helps
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
I think I'm deciding over Tele, casue I already have a strat copy, but which neck is better? I'm probably getting Maple, but I wanna know what you guys think
Quote by flyingv_m3
there is a huge difference btwn MIA and MIM. MIM ones suck trust me, i have a MIM stratocaster and it sucks. my friends MIA one is a million times better. .... strats get really nice cleaner sounds, not distorted ones. hope that helps

1. like any guitar, u have to know how to pick a good one.
2. strats and teles can both get good cleans and distortion.

its easiest with the right pickups and amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by hckfrk38
I think I'm deciding over Tele, casue I already have a strat copy, but which neck is better? I'm probably getting Maple, but I wanna know what you guys think

i like the maple neck on my tele. nice feel. has some pop to it, and a natural unfinished back. cleans up wt polish.

but i also like the rosewoods on my strats. a very natural press. cleans nicley with oil.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62