i was in my local music store and i saw a squire stratocaster. it was a little under 200 dollars. it seemed like a pretty good deal.i told my guitar teacher about it and he said most people he knew hated their squire after a while. is this a good deal and guitar or no?
no, if your already have a guitar, dont go for it
Quote by Righteous
Is that Chuck Norris in your avator? I never thought of him as a shredder really... a shredder of bodies maybe.

Member: "I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP" club. Put in your sig to join

Self Proclaimed Master of Typos
Yeah, depending on what you have now, i would go for a different look. I would look towards buying an epiphone les paul

Jason A.
an electric would fit more of what i play then an acoustic, i basically play and rock based music, sabbath, led zep, or what ever else i like
most new and squire fenders have thin necks, i have a american strat and i put a thicker after market neck with fatter frets made by the warmouth company. it made a huge difference if you play hendrix and srv stuff. save your cash and get a quality guitar, i prefer les pauls and real strats!
i have a 72' Fender Telecaster Deluxe and it is amazing but it is alot more then 200$ but i really like fenders. my guitar is kinda like fenders version of the les paul and it is really good but for the type of music you play i would actually suggest an SG or LP most likely and epiphone cause Gibson's are just expensive and the bands that you listed all use a SG or LP so yeah

c ya
my friend has one and he still loves it hes had it for 3 years after it being used by somone else for like 2 years, i guess it could be good
Hmm, you'll be wanting an amp too, have you considered this? And sounds like you want something with humbuckers.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30