Poll: To those who are decent shredders, what brand/make of guitar do you use?
Poll Options
View poll results: To those who are decent shredders, what brand/make of guitar do you use?
Fender Strat
7 14%
Ibanez RG
15 30%
Ibanez S
2 4%
Ibanez Jem
4 8%
Caparison
1 2%
ESP
9 18%
LTD
0 0%
Jackson
15 30%
Gibson/Epiphone
9 18%
Other (please state)
2 4%
Voters: 50.
Page 1 of 2
Just wondering, those of you who can shred pretty well, what brand/make of guitar do you use...
Gear:

Gibson Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
Bodenhamer modded Maxon OD808
Marshall DSL 401 Combo
Mesa/Boogie F-50 w/ Marshall TSL 2x12 cab
only about 0.3% of the members on this site can play well enough to consider "shred"...so technically, very few people actually have the right to vote at all...but of course, there will be arrogance and narcissism infesting the thread in a short while, so be prepared for a brag-a-thon (with no recordings, of course)

now, i'm nowhere near as good as my standard for shred, so i don't consider myself to be a shredder at this point (<<<< notice the "in training") but i always go with Jacksons and possibly a Kramer...ESP if i could afford it
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by Trivium09
bc rich

Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

i agree with my axegrinder. jacksons and esp's are perfect for shred. some ibanez's as well.
It's ok! My face broke the fall.
hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha **** YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they actually are great shredding guitars in my opinion, and i dont really give a **** what u think cause i ****in LIKE THEM
can u shred?

not just pointless wanking. Actual shredding. If so post a recording and we'll then respect your opinion and not just laugh at you because you come across as a fuckwit.

I myself cannot shred. I would look at the artists that you consider to be able to shred and see what equipment they use. From what I've seen they tend to go for Ibanez guitars (b/c of the Wizard necks) or Jacksons (also due to their thin necks). From the ESPs I've played I wouldn't choose them as my guitar but I've only played a Viper and an M-II and haven't owned either of them so dont take my word as gospel.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Trivium09
hahahahahahhahahahahahahaha **** YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they actually are great shredding guitars in my opinion, and i dont really give a **** what u think cause i ****in LIKE THEM

sigged
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Ibanez RG.

Yes, i can shred.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
I bet you suck ^

See. They are just words.

I CAN SHRED.

But can I really? Well your never know.
Jackson is the ultimate shredder guitar. They are so much better than ibanezes (**** guitars) that it's not even funny.

Even their mid priced models come stock with Seymour Duncans.

Also their 1300 SL1 comes stock with an Ebony fretboard while f***ing ibanez can't even put an ebony fretboard on their ****ty jems that are 2500.
what just because you guys cant shred u have to say **** about me because i can and i do it with a certain type of guitar? i really dont care what kind of equipment other people who shred use, that is their preference. my preference is bc rich, and just because you all cant shred thats no reason 2 say **** about me and the type of guitar that i use.
Quote by Erc

The guitar holds little weight in whether you can "shred."

He never said it did he just asked what guitars shredder's used the most. some guitars are easier to play fast on (thinner necks) an some have better pickups for the kind of tone for shredding. He's just asking what people use so he can get an idea for which guitars to look at.

Quote by Trivium09
what just because you guys cant shred u have to say **** about me because i can and i do it with a certain type of guitar? i really dont care what kind of equipment other people who shred use, that is their preference. my preference is bc rich, and just because you all cant shred thats no reason 2 say **** about me and the type of guitar that i use.

yes because we chose to single you out because you can shred and we cant.

Not because you came back and moaned like a little bitch when somebody laughed at your opinion. guess what... it's his opinon that BC Rich guitars suck. so he's allowd to express his opinion and in this casehe chose to put a little smiley. And you came back and whined like a pussy

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Jul 22, 2006,
Quote by Trivium09

weren't you the one who openly stated in another thread that you could only play the beginning of Stairway to Heaven and that the most difficult song you know is "Drowned and Torn Asunder"? i disagree with that constituting as "shred"
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

that was awhile back, and the only reason i cant play stairway to heaven is because i hate led zeppelin and that song, and about drowned and torn asunder, is because it was a long time since i had played at that time, people get better over time
^ no dat intro from Stairway to heaven is de shreddiest motherfucking thing ever to grace gods earth.

yes people get better with time but you dont go from Stairway to shredding in a year or two

btw sorry to the threadstarter for the off topic posts. You post a thread to find what guitars to look at and you end up with people argueing. You've gotta love the internet.

Quote by element4433
Last edited by Lemoninfluence at Jul 22, 2006,
i could play harder stuff than stairway also, i was just letting whoever it was know that i could play it, i didnt say that it was the hardest thing i know
i know i cant shred yet but i still preffer jackson and ltd or esp for playing solo's/ trying to shred. id like to think thereis a few people on thos site that can. but is shredding like a big wank fest or is it like steve vai and have emotion? what do you guys consider shred?
Co-Founder of the I Am Canadian Club, pm me or Mantiscabinet to join

My gear:

Gibson les paul studio
line 6 spider 112
washburn X12 with zakk wylde emgs
2004 pearl protone drum set
Quote by Trivium09

You listen to Trivium, so your opinions don't matter. And B.C. Rich blows King Kongs junk.

Personally, I use a Gibson SG. I know, it's funny. I didn't get into shred until after I got it, though, and now I can't afford a new guitar. Yet, that is.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
some guitars are easier to play fast on (thinner necks)

That is a matter of comfort and feel.

an some have better pickups for the kind of tone for shredding.

There are about as many different tones in shredding as their are shredders.

He's just asking what people use so he can get an idea for which guitars to look at.

His current question is way to broad to be of much use.
Jackolas, i'll gladly back up my statement and post up recordings of my playing. Trust me, i have NO problem doing that.

Iheartthefield , your just a straight up troll lol.

Ibanez RG1570 are half the price than the SL1, and everything is better on the Ibanez except the pickups.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
and for the other guy, maybe i meant that drowned and torn asunder was the hardest thing that i could play flawlessly. maybe i was workin on some other stuff and just didnt have them perfected. well now i ****ing do
Quote by Erc
That is a matter of comfort and feel.

There are about as many different tones in shredding as their are shredders.

His current question is way to broad to be of much use.

Fair points. It's just that although the guitar doesnt effect how you play, he wasn't suggestin that. I was pointing that out and providing reasons why he would ask the question he was asking (to which every one of my points you provided a counter point. touché my good man).

Quote by element4433
Quote by Trivium09
and for the other guy, maybe i meant that drowned and torn asunder was the hardest thing that i could play flawlessly. maybe i was workin on some other stuff and just didnt have them perfected. well now i ****ing do

you posted in that thread a month and a half ago, so from there you went from barely being able to play the STH intro to shred god...what's the most difficult song you can play, btw? how old are you?

personally, i find the Gibson SG a bit on the heavy side, as well as the Les Paul, and the neck is too wide...maybe it's just me, though
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

I hate to be the one to stereotype, But the ratio of people who own a BC and can actually shred is seriously like 1:1000000.
Triviums not really shred either, Its just metal with guitar solo's.
I want to hear a recording of some of your HARDXCORE BC rich shredding too.

I dont consider myself a shredder yet, I can sweep pick and speed pick decently, and I know some shred licks, but I still need more practice.
I play schecter and fender style guitars for shred stuff.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Last edited by Zach_F at Jul 22, 2006,
and for lemoninfluence, the reason i am "whinin like a little pussy" as u say, is because he didnt have 2 go and put what i said up as his sig and say **** just because he dont like it, call me a pussy if u want, i dont care, but he needs 2 grow up and u kinda do 2
damn that warning

aha, figures, you're 14

i have had the pleasure of playing the Joe Satriani signature model Ibanez, and it is a fantastic guitar...a bit on the expensive side, but very solid sounding, not to mention attractive...great for shredding
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Last edited by axe_grinder247 at Jul 22, 2006,
'mummy mummy that mean guy put something stupid that I said into his sig... And there was another guy laughing at me too.'

Quote by element4433
Quote by Trivium09
and for lemoninfluence, the reason i am "whinin like a little pussy" as u say, is because he didnt have 2 go and put what i said up as his sig and say **** just because he dont like it, call me a pussy if u want, i dont care, but he needs 2 grow up and u kinda do 2

The only thing I know about pussy and you is that you're not getting any.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
I honestly can't shred, but I know what makes a shred guitar, and the Ibanez Jem gets my vote. The DiMarzios give it a great shred sound, and it has a really nice neck.

Jem FTW.
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
ok for all u guys that are sayin **** about me i dont care, see heres what happened, i left my computer on this thread and my little brother(who hates being wrong and sucks at guitar) had to come in here and argue with eveyone here with something that he obviously knows nothing of. well i admit it, i cannot shred . so all of you have been arguing with my litlle brother, hes 12 btw. and yes i am 14. but i cannot shred so all of you that continue to say **** about me it is pointless because i admitted that i cant shred(but i do own a bc rich and i do like it)
Quote by Trivium09
ok for all u guys that are sayin **** about me i dont care, see heres what happened, i left my computer on this thread and my little brother(who hates being wrong and sucks at guitar) had to come in here and argue with eveyone here with something that he obviously knows nothing of. well i admit it, i cannot shred . so all of you have been arguing with my litlle brother, hes 12 btw. and yes i am 14. but i cannot shred so all of you that continue to say **** about me it is pointless because i admitted that i cant shred(but i do own a bc rich and i do like it)

best excuse i've heard yet!
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

if it was your little brother then OK. he comes across as a bit of a tit but that's what little brothers are like. If it was you though, and you're just making an excuse, then ur pretty sad.

Quote by element4433
well whatever, i really dont care what u think but what i said is true and if it makes u feel any better about yourself, I CANT SHRED, i wouldnt have argued with all of you for as long as i did just 2 come and say no i cant shred. thats just a waste of my time, so go ahead and say whatever it is that going to say about me cause i dont care
but for lemoninfluence, it really was him and hes more than a bit of a tit hes a big one lol, but im glad that someone believes me
My RG prestige and J-Custom sucka Super wizard neck pwnz the Jem.

Iheartfield..... Your full of shhhhiiiiiitt......!

Ibanez are great guitars the RG 1570 is lower than 1000 bucks but high quality stuff there, and SL can cost 2000 bucks depends what finish you want.....!!!! And i think my J-custom Super wizard pwns the Soloists neck.....

But hey i like both jackson and Ibanez cuz they Rock and cant forget ESP also!
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
caparison most likely won't get many votes since not everybody knows about them, but they ae some of the greatest guitars on the planet. I myself have a Ca sig.
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Page 1 of 2