hey guys. i currently have a marshall mg100dfx. its good and all but i wanted to get a tube amp. so i was looking at some vox ones, but wasnt sure if they were tube or what. so i was wondering if someone could suggest a tube amp to me. i dont want anything big, maybe just a head. preferebly less than 100watts. so if anyone could throuw me a suggestion it would be really helpful. thnx guys
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
What kind of price range are you looking for? And what kind of tone are you expecting to get out of it?
price range is about $500 us dollars. and i really want something thick and warm. my marshall is good but my friends vox is way better so i wanted something with a bit more than what my marshall offers me
i probly was thinking actually more like a 30-50 watt tube. something that can give me those thick sounds that jimmy page gets from led zeppelin songs. theyr distorted but like really nice thick sounding. im all about that fat tone
Well......a Traynor YCV50 Blue is 50 watts, all-tube, and would suite you very well. It sounds like a Marshall JCM800 with a darker voicing, more gain, and better cleans. It's a very full, thick and warm sounding amp. The only downside is that it will cost you $750. Although, I strongly suggest saving for it. It will deffinately give you what you're looking for. If you can't save up the extra, something like a Peavey Classic 30 would be worth checking out.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Traynor-Custom-Valve-50BLUE-YCV50BLUE-50W-All-Tube-1x12-Combo-Amp-with-Celestion-Speaker?sku=489075
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
ya, that is pretty cool, but i dont really like dark sounds, i like em thick but slightly brighter. also, i was looking for somthing smaller, like a head. i saw a vox ad100 valvetronix, but wasnt sure if its the same as atube. the site i saw it at is here but it doesnt say if its tube, jst says tube sound. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AD100VTH-Valvetronix-Amp?sku=482627&src=3WFRWXX
It isn't a tube amp. It has one tube in between the preamp and poweramp sections. That's it.
there was another vox, out of my range but i was wondering if it was any good. the vox ac30cch head. it says its tube and 30wats
Yes, it's very good, but it's also very expensive and not particularly loud. I think that a Traynor YCV50 Blue is still worth checking out. It has a dark voicing, but it can make bright sounds. Just set the EQ bright, or use an EQ pedal to boost the higher frequancies. It's a great great amp. Also, it sounds brighter with lower amounts of gain. It's just with the gain boost activated that the amp sounds really dark.
ok thanx, im gonna go to my local guitar center and check some stuff out tomoro.