Ok, I am getting a Peavey 5150/6505 head and I need to decide what kind of cabinet to get with it, I don't want the 5150 cab. I play stuff like Black Dahlia Murder, Dimmu Borgir, 1349, System of a Down, Metallica, etc. I was thinking about this, http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Marshall-1960A-4x12-Angled-Cabinet?sku=482772. But thats just because someone told me they had one with their 5150. Will it give me a dark enough sound, and really heavy distortion? Or would a mesa boogie or something work better? I have no idea about cabs, please help.
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Last edited by Pants99 at Jul 22, 2006,
Buy some dumb cheap combo amp if you're playing those bands..

Honestly, how the hell is someone supposed to reccomend something for you if you're like, "I play Black Dahlia Muder, System of A Down.." You might as well say you play Darkthrone and Christina Aguilera..

But seriously, if you're listing bands you play, you mustn't be in a band or something, and I think your mom would whoop your ass if you started playing Master of Puppets with a 5150 in your room..
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
^Thats wat attenuators are for
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Mesa standard recti
1960 av
never played a gflex but have heard great things.

something along these lines.
Quote by HavokStrife
Buy some dumb cheap combo amp if you're playing those bands..

Honestly, how the hell is someone supposed to reccomend something for you if you're like, "I play Black Dahlia Muder, System of A Down.." You might as well say you play Darkthrone and Christina Aguilera..

But seriously, if you're listing bands you play, you mustn't be in a band or something, and I think your mom would whoop your ass if you started playing Master of Puppets with a 5150 in your room..

^ get a life
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Last edited by Pants99 at Jul 22, 2006,