Ok, I have a mexican Strat that I want to be able to **** around with the tremelo.
Right now it only goes downward with the bar and about 1/4 step up when i pull up.

My question: Is there anyway to change the springs/guage of my strings in order to create a bridge that goes both ways with the arm? My aim is to to pinch H's and be able to rip em up by pulling down.

If its not possible dont be an asshole in your answer, I was only asking a question.
Originally posted by germ
all of you shut up, or i swear ill turn this car RIGHT AROUND!!!!!

*closed*

damn. i was never good at magic tricks.
Ok, here goes...

You can do it, but you won't get nowhere near as much mobility as with a floyd rose. and the more you do it for one direction, the less the other direction will have. now that you know this, here goes...

What you have to do, is take of the the cover in the back, and look to where the springs are attached to the body. there will be two screws there. adjust them until you are happy.

NEXT!
I'm back. No-one knew I left anyway. Do you even know who I am?
Now, if i were to buy a floyyd rose, would i also have to buy a locking nut?

*closed*

you could get locking tuners?... saves you having to mess around with the neck to install a locking nut.

EDIT: would however be more expensive, although installing the locking nut might come to a cost if your not confident enough to install it yourself. id still say the locking tuners.
in the thread on how to make a girl uncomfortable:

Quote by Angels Fighter
i saw this in another thread but it would work

Blow your load in your hand and slap the girl in the face while yelling "spiderman"

^
No. No, you don't.

I have Flyods on two of my Strats, and as Cygnus said I have Schaller mini lockers on them and I don't have any issues with tuning stability.
Breakfast; the most importent drink of the day.
my next question is with out locking nut/tuner in place, and with only a standard strat bridge, how much of the risk of breaking strings is there?

*closed*

Quote by Chemicalwarfare
my next question is with out locking nut/tuner in place, and with only a standard strat bridge, how much of the risk of breaking strings is there?

well first it would have to be locking tuners because if you have a locking nut you'll need fine tuners on the bridge (which strat bridges dont have)

as far as risking breaking the strings i doubt there would be any increase in the likelihood of that happening

and from before, when you buy a floyd rose it comes with the locking nut