Has anyone else seen this video of him playing Fire at Woodstock 1969? It's ****ing insane. I looked the tab up. It gets pretty ****in intense. That guy was a psychopath.
The times they are a changin'.....
Yep... post it in the video thread maybe?
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
It's an awesome DVD. You should check it out.
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
you're just now seeing that? i owned the hendrix at woodstock CD by the time i was 7. i got the DVD 3 years ago. i cant believe you've never seen that before
I recommend buying the DVD, it's awsome.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
I have the Jimi Hendrix: Live at Woodstock DVD.

It's pretty sweet, because the band (Gypsy Sun and Rainbows) had only had a few practices before the concert and they never expected to have such a large audience.

Yet, despite that, they were able to jam for a good while, and put on an awesome show.

While Fire isn't my favorite song on the DVD (for me it's either Red House of Jam Back at the House), it is pretty awesome.

Sweet, another guinea (threadstarter)!
Sick, I saw that a while back, along with most of the other Woodstock stuff, man it's pretty incredible to think that they could play like that, that high. Everybody was baked out of their skulls, its incredible.
Trey is a Jedi.

Co-Founder of the Ten Years After Fan Club. PM me or TheHeartbreaker to join.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
Quote by VR05
Sick, I saw that a while back, along with most of the other Woodstock stuff, man it's pretty incredible to think that they could play like that, that high. Everybody was baked out of their skulls, its incredible.

You're absolutely right!
in the end of Red House, he broke the high E string
My Spanish Hearts
really? i'm going to break out my dvd tonight and watch for his string to break now!
Cream fan club member #11.
Yeah, I remember watching it and I saw his string missing.

Despite that, he continued to play for a couple more minutes, and didn't let the fact he was only playing with five strings effect him.
I'm watching Woodstock now. Fire on that is way better than the studio version, it's such a great jam too. Which string was he missing?
Last edited by distilledspirit at Jul 24, 2006,
Quote by VR05

Haha, I was sitting at the barber shop about a year ago getting a hair cut and the barber is a cool guy and we were talking about music and then somehow we ended up talking about woodstock and there was a guy in his 60's sitting at the waiting area beside us and he said "I was at woodstock". I then asked him what it was like and he said "I dont rember anything",just like out of waynes world, he then stared into space with a weird look and for about 10 seconds it was complete silence then me and the barber started talking again. He must have had a good time.

That's awesome.

It turns out the dance teacher at my school went to Woodstock (I know because I have a lot of hot girl friends who take dance, and they told me after I wore my Woodstock school to shirt).

I also understand that at one of my local Middle Schools the band teacher went to it too.
Oh yeah that version is wicked. Shame I cant find any tabs for it. Jimi was amazing
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
Wow, it's been a few years since I saw this video...

I'm working on a little medley with this, I'm thinking of having Fire, then having the second solo transition to the solo section from Hangar 18, then end with the second half of One by Metallica, maybe.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Yeah, that man is a god with the guitar. Not to mention the entire song is absolutely amazing.
The times they are a changin'.....
Jimi's been known 2 get excited whilst playin his guitar. At the isle of wight 70 at the beginning of foxey lady he did the splits and ripped his trousers! Or so he thought neway! He went behind the amps to check and see whether he had whilst still playin. And came back only to blow a sigh of relief and smile towards mitch and billy cox!
And later he got excited again and started to play with his teeth etc.
Very good performance of the song apart from the long pause in the middle... kinda annoying i find because the solo is good!
Long live the legends of rock!
Quote by TheHeartbreaker

That's awesome.

It turns out the dance teacher at my school went to Woodstock (I know because I have a lot of hot girl friends who take dance, and they told me after I wore my Woodstock school to shirt).

I also understand that at one of my local Middle Schools the band teacher went to it too.

You wore your school to shirt!
Im going to watch red house now for the break.
Quote by thefoldarsoldar
you sir, are funny as hell.

Follower of the Church of Gilmour, PM happytimeharry to join
cant really see the break on youtube but i might be able to on the dvd. there is a part where it sounds like he might have broken the string though.
Yeah, it's sort of hard to notice if you aren't really looking for it. I noticed it on accident, and was like, "What the hell is on my TV?", and then I realized it was Jimi's string.
I love the guy who's behind Jimi playing the the bongos (or whatever they are), he looks hilarious! Who is that anyway?
Quote by highway2hell999
What The Hell Is Bong-water????????????????????????????????
YEAH, A BABY!
Yeah, back when I used to listen to live at Woodstock I tried to listen for the bongos and backup guitar... didn't really hear them, though.

It's been a few years though, maybe I could pick them out better now.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
great dvd. everyone needs to buy it, hendrix fan or not. the greatest part is the bongo guy that you cant even hear and he's ripped out of his mind and he justs keeps goin... until his bongo falls out of his stand
Originally posted by altronataku
i always have respect for retards.

they remind me that i havent hit rock bottom yet.
^^ i can picture that
Member #2 of The Improve UG Forums Movement, PM Musical Meds To Join

[20:35] <Horrid> I'm gonna go gay for you.

(23:03:22) <OptimusPrime> I hate black people

DOES NOT HATE JOSH KLINGHOFFER