well im guna buy a new amp next month or around there but i dont what to get. Ive done alot of research and its between a Mesa Bogie Dual Rectifier roadster, Vox Ac-30, Matchless Chieftain, or one of the fender tube amps(ie hot rod deluxe). wich would you buy. i play alot of blink 182, AFI(Pop punk, punk.....) but it ranges to Jeff Beck, The Beatles, The Cars, The Cure aswell. But absoluetly no MEtal
OK. You don't want to play metal, but you're looking at a Mesa Dual Recto???? They're only good for playing one style, and it's metal. For the styles you listed, a Vox AC30CC would suite you very well. A Fender Twin would also be something to check out.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Mark VI? (WAY more versatile than the recto)
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
the recto is not only metal. and the roadster has 4 chanels with reverb and is good amp for alot of rock.
^Have you tried it? (although i was being a stereotyper)

BTW just because blink-182 uses recto's doesn't mean they suit your needs
EDIT: Fender or Vox, or even a JCM 800 or 900
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Jul 22, 2006,
Quote by Gibson_Rocker
the recto is not only metal. and the roadster has 4 chanels with reverb and is good amp for alot of rock.

Have you ever played a recto? The Roadster has 4 channels. However, the clean channel is throaty, and not very clean at all. The lighter overdrive is almost none-existent because it sounds too thin and canned. The only sound that it does very well is a hard rock/metal tone. Considering the styles you listed, this is one of the worst amps to look at. The Vox AC30 would absolutely blow this thing away for light rock/punk/pop and classic rock.
^Well thank you that is very good to know. i was lookin at the marshall dsl601 and dsl100 combos. how are those?
DSL's are good amps, but the combos aren't anywhere's near as good as the heads. Although, they're still worth a try to see if you like them. A chieftan is a good amp, however, Matchless are very expensive amps, and they aren't really loud either. Although, they do have great tone. It might be hard to find one though.
Hiwatts are cool, but they're clean amps. They're made to stay clean, even at high volumes. And of course, they're extremely pricey. You're going to want something with a nice overdrive channel.
Quote by nic_2090
Hiwatts are cool, but they're clean amps. They're made to stay clean, even at high volumes. And of course, they're extremely pricey. You're going to want something with a nice overdrive channel.

your right any other good tube amps with overdrive
i have a twin reverb. put a pedal in front of that thing, and it can get very distorted. Plus, you have an orgasmic clean
Quote by yorkshireterror
Dunlop's got the right idea
Oh yeah, only took me a few months
Founder of the "I Support Robert Keeley Mods," if you like them too, put this in your sig!

i <3 breakdowns