I was 99% sold on buying a peavey valveking. the clean channel is so pristine, its one of the best (if no the best) ive ever heard. and the distortion is SOOoo smooth and warm. but i also have the option of getting my (ideal) biting edgy distortion with my pedal (digitech tonedriver). im playing through a marshall right now, but its too small to take it gigging or almost to even practice with (we practice loud).
i want that valveking, but will it back me up and give the same punch and power of a marshall? if not, do u no of any amps that have that marshall power but the valveking cleans and smoothness?
If you like a Valveking, then it's plenty powerful, and fairly reliable. Although, the distortion isn't that smooth or that warm. Perhaps you should try a Traynor YCV40 or YCV50 Blue. They are extremely nice amps. Also, you should probably try a B-52 AT100. You would probably like it's tone.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by nic_2090
If you like a Valveking, then it's plenty powerful, and fairly reliable.

yes but does it have that marshall reach-out-of-the-amp-and-kick-your-ass punch that marshalls are so known for? i would just go out and buy a valve marshall but they dont quite have that amazing clean channel and in my opinion are best suited for rock. i want something with a little more versatility.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
yes but does it have that marshall reach-out-of-the-amp-and-kick-your-ass punch that marshalls are so known for? i would just go out and buy a valve marshall but they dont quite have that amazing clean channel and in my opinion are best suited for rock. i want something with a little more versatility.

No, Valvekings aren't as punchy as Marshalls, although, I can get that kind of force out of my Traynor YCV50 Blue (which sounds a lot like a Marshall). They go for about $750.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
I know they're not the most prestigious pedals, but if i bought a Marshall distortion pedal (im lookin at the Guv'nor), would that be able to give that Marshall rock power to another amp like the Valveking? (What about a Vox AC15?)
You won't get close to real Marshall sounds with just the pedal.

And if you like the Valveking that much, buy it, and buy an overdrive (or EQ) pedal to boost and change the character of the Valveking's overdrive channel.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30