Hi i'm planning on buying a used mark IV combo. I saw one but it is one without a speaker, which speaker should I buy best for the amp? The black shadows?
And how much should I bid for this used one do you guys think?
also i could go for an engl savage 120 head, but then I would have to buy a small cab( and probably not a good one to begin) What is the best? The mesa or the Engl?
Greetz Wouter
Last edited by dumbasss at Jul 22, 2006,
I would think the Vintage 30 would go great with a Mk.IV, they are pretty versatile speakers, they go with all other Mesas too. I would take the Mesa over the ENGL personally, since you can't get a good cab to do it justice.
thanx
so I'd better take those black shadow speakers from mesa, is it worth buying them too secod handed?
I'd personally go with a V30 instead of the Black Shadow. I just bought two V30s on ebay over the past month. Brand new for $90 each. And worth every penny IMO. I've heard the Mk IV combo (and used to own a Mk II combo wiht the same Black Shadow), and I've heard a Mk IV head thru a recto 2 x 12 cab loaded with V30s. The V30s sounded much better IMO.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
ok also I heard that with mark IV used to have soundproblems, is that true or is it just with some of them due to faults or something?
another vote for the V30's, I use them with my Mark IV, and I think they sound excellent. I haven't heard of the sound problems, my Mark is from 1991, and has no such issues.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids