I'm thinking about getting a battery powered amp for street jamming...I'm either leaning towards the Vox DA5 or the roland microcube... probably vox is better for blues? Also, are there any tube amps that are battery powered? I really miss the sound of a good valve amp but i dunno if they make any really portable ones.
pignose might have one. u would have to look at their site.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I dont think it'd really be possible to make a battery powered tube amp using regular tubes. Maybe using some wierd old car radio tubes from the 1960s or miniuature military stocfk tubes from russian jet fighters but I don't think you could get high enough voltages from a battery to run 12AX7s and EL34s well.
http://www.pignoseamps.com/index.php?disp=master&subcat=portamps
yep guess not, thinking about it. doesnt make much sense.
check out their rechargable amps anyway.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
get the mocrocube. I like the other Roland Cubes, and ive heard the microcube is a very good tiny little amp.
Last edited by dj_brooks22 at Jul 22, 2006,
to igotabcrich32:
Sorry, but just imagine if you had one of those
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
haha yeah, i'd so buy one if i wanted one, just imagine having a pringle can amp?
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
i have a microcube, and i like it, but if the DA5 was around when i was going to buy a mini-amp, i'd probably buy that. i'm more about the classic rock kinda thing than the heavy sound, which the micro cube does quite well.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
Ibanez just released a battery powered 5-watt tube amp you should check it out. i haven't tried it so i don't know how it is though.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

check out my first guitar build, the razorback!
Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join.
Quote by g-cash14
Ibanez just released a battery powered 5-watt tube amp you should check it out. i haven't tried it so i don't know how it is though.

I dont the think the Valbee is abttery powered
sorry my bad, i could've sworn that i read somewhere that it was, i just did some research and no it's not.
GEAR:
Peavey 6505
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez WD7 Wah
custom 5150 les paul

check out my first guitar build, the razorback!
Official Member of the I <3 Schecter's Club, PM Schecter-06 to join.