Im attempting Far Beyond the sun, so far I got up to this lick, hopefully you know hwer eit is in the song it is 54 seconds into the song. I was wondering if you use your pinky to do it or just the 3 fingers, it seems pretty tought doing it fast with my pinky though i havent really tryed to get it down yet. and i think yngwie use three fingers mostly. anyways heres the lick. ------------------9h|10p9p7------------------------------------------------------|
-----------------------|--------10p9p7-------10p9-------------------------------|
-----------------------|-----------------9p7s6------11p9---------11p9---------|
-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6---|------------------------------12p11-9------12------|
-----------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------|
-----------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------|

----------------------------------||
-----------------------------9bf-||
11p9----12p11-9-------------||
-------12-----------12p11-----||
And does anyone have any suggestions of songs for me to learn to practice sweeping, speed, anything like that lick^^ thanks
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
|------------------9h|10p9p7------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------------|--------10p9p7-------10p9-------------------------------|
|-----------------------|-----------------9p7s6------11p9---------11p9---------|
|-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6-6---|------------------------------12p11-9------12------|
|-----------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------|
|-----------------------|--------------------------------------------------------------|

-----------------------------9bf-||
11p9----12p11-9-------------||
-------12-----------12p11-----||

there ya go little fella
Try using all your fingers and use alternate picking/sweep picking.
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin

Pm me and I'll give you a link to God's forum! It still needs mods

62% of teens smoke pot, put this in your profile if you like lesbians

yeah i know how to play thanks, lol. does anyone who knows how to play far beyond the sun know?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
ok, try this:

l--3-4-3-1---------------------------------------------------------------------------ll
l------------3-4-3-1-----------2-1--------------------------------------------------ll
l-----------------------3-1s1--------3-1--------3-1------------------------(1)2b-ll
l-------------------------------------------4-3-1-----4-3-1----4-3-1--------------ll
l---------------------------------------------------------------4---------4-3---------ll
l---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ll
___________________^(10th fret)________________________________________
---------------------------------position shift-------------------------------(reinforced bend w/ index)

That's a weird fingering, but it seems to work for me (and no, I can't play ALL of "Far Beyond The Sun", but I can do quite a bit of it)...
Pinky. Though Malmsteen has fairly big hands, and he would prabably tend to play it with three fingers.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.