does anyone have some soloing tips for me? i kinda need some help with soloing, i just cant get my solos to sound right. any help will be appreciated. thanks.
learn some scales, start with the pentatonic minor, and find the right tone with your distortion
Quote by Doolittle
Do it for Hedwig!
Whatever sounds good to you is "right". Just add: soul, techinque, and inspiration.
Dimebag 1966-2004 RIP a true legend

Quote by RingmasterTJ
Dumbest thread ever...when shouldn't you get shit-faced drunk?

Quote by Dirk Gently

When I turn on the TV, I see nothing but black people.[/IMG]

Quote by ckellingc
I jerked off in Wyoming if that counts
12,000 feet ftw!!

Quote by gsr2k6
. Oh, Jesus hates you.
Improvising is how I would do it.

One thing you can do is repeat a note or phrase again in the same place, or on a different part of the fretboard.

Using scales is a defenite, depending what sound you want to make and what key the song is in. When you play your scales, don't just play the same rhthym, use al kinds of speeds and such to make your solo interesting and flavourful! You can also use a lot of arpeggios and sweep pick them (or alternate, or however you pick best). The sweep picking is a easier way of building up speed and can make your solo sound pretty cool, and remember that if you're playing a scale or arpeggio, you don't have to start on the low E or high E string!

That's just some things you can do, check out the lessons on this site (and the SEARCH bar!!)
UG Irish Clan: Póg mo thóin

Pm me and I'll give you a link to God's forum! It still needs mods

62% of teens smoke pot, put this in your profile if you like lesbians

I find the one of the mos timportant things that make an improvised piece sound good is the rythme if im solo to some song it sound slike totall poop. so make sure you in the right key, and also some scales sound better over different chord progressions that other scales. so just practice on simple melodic rythmes and start with some blues infact the way i learn was by recording the johnny b goode riff and playing over it (blues is the best for starting to solo). so even if you are not a totally beging to soloing try some slower blues solos for practice.
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
When ever im learning i solo i split the solo into a little bit at time, run through it slowly and gradually pick up the speed till i can completely play that part of the solo at the right speed then i do the same for all the other parts and gradually bring it all together to play as one. hope that made sense
In The Car I Just Cant Wait . . To Pick You Up On Our Very First Date