So, what's your opinion on one of the greatest bands to coem out of Minneapolis?
If you want it that bad
Be a world class fad
Remember leave a trail of crumbs
If you want it that bad
You're a world class fad
Remember where you started from
Don't be sad
You're a world class fad
Hmm... I'm wondering whether or not this band belongs in this section. I'd say Alt & Indie, but whatever. We'll see if it goes well here.
Yeah, I love 'em. I own Hootenanny and Let it Be, and I've borrowed and listened to Tim from my brother. Sweet, sweet band. Westerberg is a genius.
Let it Be is an awesome blend of their joking side with some more serious stuff, and Hootenanny is an all-out goof fest. I especially love the Donkey Kong riff in "Run It". They're a band I can usually listen to regardless of my mood.
I've got their new "best of" album. I've fallen in love with it, not one skip track on it.
If you want it that bad
Be a world class fad
If you want it that bad
You're a world class fad
Don't be sad
You're a world class fad
I can't stand that guy's voice... but I haven't heard enough of them to say whether they were better than The Replacements. I doubt they are though.
If you want it that bad
Be a world class fad
If you want it that bad
You're a world class fad
Don't be sad
You're a world class fad
Quote by Guitar_Wannabe
I can't stand that guy's voice... but I haven't heard enough of them to say whether they were better than The Replacements. I doubt they are though.

I personally don't think so. Husker Du's awesome, I'll admit that, but the 'Mats are on a whole different plane of awesomeness, if you ask me.
I hate comparing groups, though.
But as far as sweet Minneapolis bands go, I'd have to say The Hold Steady are pretty great. I'm about 2 hours south of Minneapolis, but my older brother lives there and he's really up on the "music scene", even though there's not really much up there. But The Hold Steady are awesome too, as far as I'm concerned.
But yes, The Replacements>all other Minneapolis bands.
I lived in Minneapolis, but I wasn't up on the music scene. (To young to go to any venues) But I agree, The Replacements are hard to beat, for any band. Has anyone heard their two new songs? Message To The Boys rocks, hard!
If you want it that bad
Be a world class fad
If you want it that bad
You're a world class fad
Don't be sad
You're a world class fad