Ive never bought my own recording stuff before, neither have i recorded. What would be some recording gear that i can use that isnt terribly expensive, stuff that i can record on and get either a tape or disc of, and have a way to get it on the computer? help would be appreciated.
-Nick
Budget?
How many tracks?
What Instruments?
Specific Features?
Did you search prior to posting this generic thread that is created ad nauseum?
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
budget: 100 dollars or less
tracks: 4-8
instruments: guitar, bass, drums (i hope thats what you meant)
specific features: i dont really know.
did i search: no. sorry, forgot about the whole search aspect.
-Nick
get audacity software, if you have a halfway decent sound card you can record all of that stuff except for drums (you need a really good multi input recording interface to record drums properly.)
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
ah. im really new to recording. what is audacity software? and what is a soundcard?
-Nick
An upgraded soundcard will allow you to hear better quality sound from your computer. Also, most soundcards have 1/4" inputs (1/4" is what guitar/bass cables are) so you can either plug your guitar right into the card, or run a cable from your amps line out into the soundcard. But $100 will limit what you can get.

DO you have a mic? You may want to look in www.musiciansfriend.com or another music website for an audio interface that fits your budget.
College. ... ? . !!
There's no need to talk when we have medicine.
You can do it for 100 bucks, its called ebay and craigslist, look up multitrack recorder, im sure you can get at least a 4 track for 100, you either want something w/ a usb adapter or one that records on a flash card or zip disk.
check out some boss equipment, i got a boss br-8 for $160 on ebay and its in next to perfect condition its pretty good for beginners.