is it too late to start learning the keyboard? im 14 and ive played the guitar for a little over a year, but i want to play the keyboard too. would that help a band if i learned the keyboard? i mean, you can't play both at the same time. so, should i learn this too or would i be wasting my time? would i have chance to become good? would this help me musically? what are some pros and cons with going through with this?
Never waste a chance to learn something.
Hell is empty. All the devils are here. - William Shakespeare
never to late to learn my mates 16 he just started keyboard and he amazing already, the older you get before you hit 30 the quicker you can pick things up, so go for it
It can help you in a number of ways, a lot of the good or difficult things i think on keyboard/piano is classical music and after playing it on keybaord you mite wanna do it on guitar and if your patient enough and learn it on guitar it can help you a lot on guitar. Also im just thinking about theory now as well, i played keybaord b4 the guitar and it sorta helped my understanding of theory a bit. So yea i would say do it the only fear i would have is if i started and it took over my guitar, ahhhhhh, lol. But seriously as dabarro said never waste a chance to learn something
maybe so...maybe so young one.

Quote by Friggly
"But just PRETEND i'm not your sister"

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

Well, most professional musicians have to learn it in their late teensearly 20s anyways because most music programs make it mandatory to learn some keyboard.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
Also there's teh advantage of learning theory alongside the keyboard whcih you can apply to guitar
thanks a lot guys. how do i balance my schedule from learning the guitar and keyboard, i dont want the keyboard to take over my guitar, i want to learn both.
I just started keyboard half a year ago and I'm 17.

I didn't start guitar till I was 15.
Well fenderguy i think that is impossible because you may make a time table but it will be very hard to stick because at different imes your gonna want to play one or the other and the 1 u want to play will always win. I play drums as well as guitar and i made a timetable but have never stuck to it.

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong
I'm gonna start reffering to the female reproductive organ as the scarlet monastery now

^^ I'm all right. I'm certainly better than I was 6 months ago, but still I'm kind of novice at the physical instrumentation of it. It has, however, helped tremendously in my understanding of music theory and the concept behind half steps and accidentals.

Quote by Mr.Loomis_shred
Well fenderguy i think that is impossible because you may make a time table but it will be very hard to stick because at different imes your gonna want to play one or the other and the 1 u want to play will always win. I play drums as well as guitar and i made a timetable but have never stuck to it.
Not true for me at all. I don't always feel like playing guitar - sometimes piano is a nice change. If you like both instruments, you'll want to play both of them. Granted, I play my guitar much more than piano, but still I enjoy playing it every once in a while.
Last edited by yawn at Jul 22, 2006,
Are you looking songs fenderguy or theory

Quote by Friggly

Quote by dingmydong

Learning piano/keyboard has helped me alot in my guitar playing. If i forget the notes in scales, chords, etc. I just picture the notes on the keyboard and the notes in the chord or whatever. Its never too late.
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Quote by Mr.Loomis_shred
Are you looking songs fenderguy or theory

theory mostly, just answer my questions please.