I've been playing bass for a while now and have been playing on a Wesley (pretty cheap brand) guitar. I decided it was time for a new bass so I went down to my local guitar shop and spoke to one of the assistants there and shown me a Yamaha RBX170. The bass is second hand but they have the same one in there brand new which looks exactly the same, apart from the used one is £100 and the brand new bass is £150.

I was wondering if I should purchase it. I played it for a while there and it seemed like a decent sound, especially for the money. And I was also wondering if people would actually recomend this bass, since I will be wanting to play in a band sometime soon.
yeah, it seems like a good bass. the other basist in my school jazz band used one. and he got a good sound out of it.

now, on the subject of RBX, is an RBX375 a good deal?
I think like the next model up, 270 or something was available for about £190 but he said he could knock the price down to about £120 for me. But he said the only difference was better quality pickups.
go for the 270 for £120. That is a very good price, and I have never had troubles with mine at all, very well built and gets you a pretty decent tone, especially for its price
Quote by JakeXP
I think like the next model up, 270 or something was available for about £190 but he said he could knock the price down to about £120 for me. But he said the only difference was better quality pickups.

for £120 definately go for the 270, i have an rbx170, really nice beginners bass, i upgraded the pickups recently.
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
I think I might go for the 270, they have tonnes in stock aswell that's why he's selling for a cheap price.