I have seen this topic come up a few times in the forums, and there has been a lot of debates and controversy about this topic. When do I start it, does it last the entire movie, does it even really work, ect. You don't have to ask anything further on this topic, it all is going to be answered.

Q. Does this even work?
A. Yes it does, I have done it many times before

Q. How does it work?
A. the Pink Floyd album "The Dark Side of The Moon" is supposed to match up with the movie.

Q. When do I start the Dark Side of the moon, first, second, third lion roar, or as the lion fades out?
A. You can start it on any of these answers, however in my experience I seem to find the best results when you start at the END of the third roar, and, and the thesis's I am going to support it will be based on the third roar.

This is something fun to do if you are into Pink Floyd, even if your not, it's a fun experience. The movie is supposed to match up with the album, but many people get bummed out after watching it, or they are disappointed after seeing it. The main reason why is because they were expecting more of the songs to match up with the movie. I am going to tell you right now, not everything on the album is going to match up EXACTLY with the movie. Later I will be going over the main points that match up exactly. But the thing that I think the movie and the album matches up with mostly is the mood of the story. The mood you get with the song is the mood you are experiencing during the movie. If you have a negative mind going into it, you won't really seem to think that it matched up that well. I think that the more you put your mind into it, and the more imagination you put into it, the more the movie is going to match up with the album. Think of it being very broad and vague, and think more of the mood of the story and the songs, as to the lyrics match up with the movie, and the more fun you will have with it.

***MAIN POINTS***
Here are some main points that the movie matches up with the album really well, warning this is a ***SPOILER ALRET*** if you haven't seen it.

-The lyric 'Balanced on the biggest wave' coincides with Dorothy's balancing act on the fence.

-'On the Run' starts as Dorothy falls off the fence.

- On "Time" Chimes and Bells start ringing as the Wicked Witch appears riding her bicycle.
*During the 'Time' guitar solo, the fortune teller's sign is shown with the words "Past Present and Future".

-The Great Gig in the Sky has many incidents:
*The tornado is shown in the background as the words 'I'm am not frightened of dying' are said
*The drums start right as the wind really picks up and blows the trees from their roots.
*The singer calms down right as Dorothy is knocked unconscious by the window 'Great Gig in the Sky' is still playing as the house flies in the tornado

-Side 1 of the album (vinyl) is exactly as long as the black & white portion of the film

-The cash register in Money is heard right as color is seen in Oz (money = color)
*it sets the mood of confusion, like when Dorothy starts to walk around not knowing where she is, and the cash register is heard really sets off the mood

-Incidents in 'Us and Them':
*The ballerinas enter on 'Us, us, us, us'
*One ballerina seems to lip sync 'ordinary men'
*Three men enter on 'Me, me, me'
*One kid's jerking motions are in sync with the music
*Forward he cried' is sung as Dorothy looks turns to face forward
*The Wicked Witch appears on 'Black, black'
*On 'Blue, blue, blue,' the camera switches to Dorothy (in her blue dress)
*'And who knows which is which and who is who' is sung right when the Wicked Witch of the West looks at the recently killed Wicked Witch of the East. Note the play on words "Which is Which" vs. "Witch is Witch"
*The Witch is up a the platform on 'Up, up' and then walks down on 'Down, down, down'
*As 'And in the End' is sung, the Wicked Witch of the East disappears
On 'Out, out, out,' the good Witch of the North leaves

-'Brain Damage' plays as the Scarecrow sings 'If I Only Had a Brain'
*When the lyrics "the lunatic is on the grass" the scarecrow starts to jump around as if he is a lunatic
*Heartbeat heard at the end of the album is heard as Dorothy listens at the Tin Man's

There are probably more that I didn't mention, you would just have to watch the movie to see the rest for your self, and any other details I missed of the songs matching up with the movie.

The album "The Dark Side of the Moon" is not as long as the entire movie, so here are some suggestions you could do

- Put Dark Side of the Moon on repeat (will play about 1 1/2 times)

-Start Animals right after Dark Side of the Moon and then Meddle (tracks 2 - 5) right after Animals ends

[url="http://www.rotp.com/friday13/thewiz...deofthemoon.wmv]HERE is a link to see The movie and the album already edited into one provided by Zeppelin256
Last edited by the_man101 at Jul 23, 2006,
I ?personally, I wouldn't speak in first personhave seen this topic come up a few times in the forums, and there has been a lot of debates and controversy about this topic. When do I start it, does it last the entire movie, does it even really work, ect. You don't have to ask anything further on this topic, it all is going to be answered. I think this opening paragraph is very sloppy and needs a lot of work. You're not explaining anything about they are linked and assume all your readers know what you're on about. Try to include what the actual 'link' is, in a bit of detail. You explain it later on, but as a reader I would've clicked 'back' five minutes earlier because I got bored.

You could try starting with:
Over the years, there has been a lot of speculation and controversy involving Pink Floyd's ?Dark Side of The Moon? and the 1938 film classic ?The Wizard of Oz?. Then explain what it is.

Q. Does this even work?
A. Yes it does, I have done it many times before

Q. How does it work?
A. the Pink Floyd album "The Dark Side of The Moon" is supposed to match up with the movie.

[colour="red"]What works?...without a good intro, your reader is already lost.

Q. When do I start the Dark Side of the moon, first, second, third lion roar, or as the lion fades out?
A. You can start it on any of these answers, however in my experience I seem to find the best results when you start at the END of the third roar, and, and the thesis's I am going to support it will be based on the third roar.

This is something fun to do if you are into Pink Floyd, even if your not, it's a fun experience. The movie is supposed to match up with the album, but many people get bummed out after watching it, or they are disappointed after seeing it. The main reason why is because they were expecting more of the songs to match up with the movie. I am going to tell you right now, not everything on the album is going to match up EXACTLY with the movie.Some wrong word choices here and too much repetition of the word 'movie'. Another point, you're contradicting yourself. You start by saying how things match up then mention how it doesn't. The reader will not want to try this. Later I will be going over the main points that match up exactly. But starting a sentence with 'but' the thing that I think the movie and the album matches up with mostly is the mood of the story. The mood you get with the song is the mood you are experiencing during the movie. If you have a negative mind going into it, you won't really seem to think that it matched up that well. I think that the more you put your mind into it, and the more imagination you put into it, the more the movie is going to match up with the album. Think of it being very broad and vague if its vauge, then why do listeners try it?, and think more of the mood of the story and the songs, as to the lyrics match up with the movie, and the more fun you will have with it.

***MAIN POINTS***
Here are some main points that the movie matches up with the album really well, warning this is a ***SPOILER ALRET*** if you haven't seen it.

-The lyric 'Balanced on the biggest wave' coincides with Dorothy's balancing act on the fence.

-'On the Run' starts as Dorothy falls off the fence.

- On "Time" Chimes and Bells start ringing as the Wicked Witch appears riding her bicycle.
*During the 'Time' guitar solo, the fortune teller's sign is shown with the words "Past Present and Future".

-The Great Gig in the Sky has many incidents:
*The tornado is shown in the background as the words 'I'm am not frightened of dying' are said
*The drums start right as the wind really picks up and blows the trees from their roots.
*The singer calms down right as Dorothy is knocked unconscious by the window 'Great Gig in the Sky' is still playing as the house flies in the tornado

-Side 1 of the album (vinyl) is exactly as long as the black & white portion of the film

-The cash register in Money is heard right as color is seen in Oz (money = color)
*it sets the mood of confusion, like when Dorothy starts to walk around not knowing where she is, and the cash register is heard really sets off the mood

-Incidents in 'Us and Them':
*The ballerinas enter on 'Us, us, us, us'
*One ballerina seems to lip sync 'ordinary men'
*Three men enter on 'Me, me, me'
*One kid's jerking motions are in sync with the music
*Forward he cried' is sung as Dorothy looks turns to face forward
*The Wicked Witch appears on 'Black, black'
*On 'Blue, blue, blue,' the camera switches to Dorothy (in her blue dress)
*'And who knows which is which and who is who' is sung right when the Wicked Witch of the West looks at the recently killed Wicked Witch of the East. Note the play on words "Which is Which" vs. "Witch is Witch"
*The Witch is up a the platform on 'Up, up' and then walks down on 'Down, down, down'
*As 'And in the End' is sung, the Wicked Witch of the East disappears
On 'Out, out, out,' the good Witch of the North leaves

-'Brain Damage' plays as the Scarecrow sings 'If I Only Had a Brain'
*When the lyrics "the lunatic is on the grass" the scarecrow starts to jump around as if he is a lunatic
*Heartbeat heard at the end of the album is heard as Dorothy listens at the Tin Man's
This section is okay, although some detail to grammar should be payed

There are probably more that I didn't mention, you would just have to watch the movie to see the rest for your self, and any other details I missed of the songs matching up with the movie.

The album "The Dark Side of the Moon" is not as long as the entire movie, so here are some suggestions you could do

- Put Dark Side of the Moon on repeat (will play about 1 1/2 times)

-Start Animals right after Dark Side of the Moon and then Meddle (tracks 2 - 5) right after Animals ends

HERE is a link to see The movie and the album already edited into one provided by Zeppelin256

----

Overall, it's quite a sloppy article and it's rather short. Dont take offense or anything as I'm not having a go at you. Try to take my critiscm with good thought and redraft this piece, cos it does have the potential to be a lot better.
ok ill take your advice, and redraft it, is there any way you can let me know if it can make it on the main site? even though it needs work? like after i do the finishing touches?
well, redraft it for me.

ill read through it.

if its still not at a good standard, ill give you some pointers, then when its sorted ill post *approved* and give you the okay to submit it