So, I made this punk song not too long ago on Powertab, and am in the process of writing lyrics. I know some parts are a bit repetitive, but that will change once lyrics are added. Will do crit for crit. Thanks!
Attachments:
Punk Song.zip
Last edited by banjo02 at Jul 22, 2006,
What Offspring song are you talking about? I don't believe I've heard one that sounds like that. And yeah, I suppose it is sort of generic. Any ideas for how to make it a bit more interesting (particularly in the second verse)?
not bad, its sounds like a sad pop-punk song
Gear:
Hamer Californian
Ibanez RG470
Ibanez RG120
Ibanez V
Crate 15 watt
Marshall 50DFX
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone pedal
"Member of The Straight Edge Club. PM danzig-_- to join."
Thanks for the comments guys, and opivy21, I'll download that song right now to hear how it sounds. I honestly haven't heard it before (though I definitely have heard some other Offspring songs), but if you're right about it sounding too much like that, then I already have a new riff idea in my mind so I can change most of the song.
Wow, you're right opivy21. The rhythm guitar and bass are different, but the lead guitars are way similiar. I can't believe it. I just ripped off an Offspring song without even hearing it. Ok, this sucks. Sorry guys.
theres no way u made that up and it just so happened to sound like the offspring song.

Also someone else posted pretty much this same tab awhile ago, i actually have it on my comp, and u can see that theres no way that all 3 of you creatively came up with the same song lol
Attachments:
song.zip
Quote by thomeboy
theres no way u made that up and it just so happened to sound like the offspring song.

Also someone else posted pretty much this same tab awhile ago, i actually have it on my comp, and u can see that theres no way that all 3 of you creatively came up with the same song lol

And why not? It's obviously a very common chord progression and very common rhythm. There is no reason that all three couldn't have come up with the same thing.
Spiral Out
Thank you HumanitysDeath for defending me. Thomeboy, I honestly made that song without ever hearing that offspring song. I only heard three songs by them prior to making the song: Can't Repeat, Why Don't You Get A Job, and Self Esteem. I love those three songs, so it's quite possible that I've been influenced by them. When I played that song for my friends on guitar, they all said that it sounded very Offspring-like (just like what /-Vince-\ said in this thread). I thought I'd post it up here to see what you guys thought. And I'm quite glad opivy21 told me that my song sounded the same as Dammit I Changed Again by the Offspring. If he hadn't told me that, I'm sure that if my band played that song at a show, the crowd would think we purposely ripped off the Offspring. And about that other song a different poster put up: I don;t even have Guitar Pro, so I couldn't have listened to it. And I first posted this song a long time ago (it's on page 6 somewhere, but I had only posted a midi of it in the "Two Midis I Made" thread), so it's possible he made his song after me (I'm not saying he copied). Anyways, I'm going to scrap that song idea and start a new one since it does sound way too similar to that Offspring song. I had played both songs on piano, and the beginning of both songs sound so much alike. So thank you for the feedback, and hopefully I can create another song without unknowingly copying someone. And for those who really believe I copied the Offspring song, it's alright to think that. I honestly didn't copy it (or even listen to it until that opivy21 told me about it), but if you don't believe me, I'm not going to waste my time explaining myself.
its not a big deal or anything, and maybe the file on my comp is the midi that u posted, normally when ppl post midis i import them onto gp5.
Ok, sorry, I didn't mean to sound so harsh in my last post. It's possible that the midi that you imported was mine to begin with, but I don't know for sure. Maybe I'll download GP5 just to see. Anyways, I guess I'm just mad right now that I came up with this song, and now I have to change most of it because it was pretty much already done. At least I can maybe come up with something more complex next time, so it won't be so generic.
Maybe it's not completely dead. I didn't recognize that it sounded like "Dammit, I Changed Again" even though I've listened to that song dozens of times. Though it did sound heavily Offspring influenced.
METAR KTIK 040043Z COR RMK TORNADO 1W MOV NE. EVACUATING STATION