Page 1 of 3
Many people have asked me to slow down on my metal listening time because they think I am becoming a little more aggressive... Does anyone think that metal can influence the way you think and act in a individual way(not talking about fads and posers)

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal
You can dress a woman slutty, but she's not a slut. Understand?

living inside a drop only to die in an ocean
i think it can affect you as you are listing to it at least thats how it affects me if i hear pantera crank up really loud it makes me want to punch someone in the face but when i turn it off i feel normal
music influences the feeble minded.
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Quote by laffyjam
Yeah I think metal can influence you. But any type of music can.

But(in general) can it be a little unhealthy compared to most music like rap and rock?

I know all music can influence you... but most genre's aren't as vulgar

Quote by Stranglehold
He swallowed black nail polish and shat the word 'motherfucker' onto a non-metal kid. Rad.

Quote by severed-metal

believe it or not, metal actually calms me down becuase its so...metalish.
Live as a man. Die as a man. Become a man.

That's the proof of your incompetence, right there.
You lack the qualifications to exercise free will.
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

I agree. If I listen to a song like War Ensemble, I'm not going to go out killing people. Same as listening to K.I.N.G. Wont turn me into a Dragon.

I'm actually listening to some Black Metal right now to calm me down as I'm seriously pissed off, Metal is great for stuff like that
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
I love metal.. I just don't like what happens when sh*theads get over emotional and take the lyrics seriously

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Not unless you're the type of person whom the music will affect. It's different for everyone...
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Na, it doesn't. Metal makes me relax, not want to get angry.

Quote by grimreaper65
Shut the fuck up ho-bag.

What are you listening to while posting?
Quote by SGRocker0791
Na, it doesn't. Metal makes me relax, not want to get angry.

Whoa...How did your post get under mine!?

Errr....Maybe I've just had a bit too much too drink...?
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by SGRocker0791

(I love you)

Country, and i'm flattered, but i don't swing that way.
I guess metal is powerful... but nothing beats a bottle of bud, a train, and some ex wives LOL

Quote by Stranglehold

Quote by severed-metal

Not really, but things like movies and music can leave an impression on my mind for a period of time.

Generally though, no.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Not in the least. Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant and untelligent. People make people do stupid things, not music.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
lol
Someone told me once I was different because I was listening to more metal. They have yet to prove it, except I talked about bands more often.

And then someone else was like "yeah you're trying too hard, with your "OMG breakdowns rock!!!1"", and that kind of through me off because I was listening to bands like vital remains, and pig destroyer : S
Quote by GNR4EVER
I agree. If I listen to a song like War Ensemble, I'm not going to go out killing people. Same as listening to K.I.N.G. Wont turn me into a Dragon.

I'm actually listening to some Black Metal right now to calm me down as I'm seriously pissed off, Metal is great for stuff like that

Quoted for truth.
Breedlove Studio D25/SM Acoustic
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/ EMGs
B-52 AT-212 Tube Amp
MXR 10 Band EQ
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
It may not seem like it can influence you, but it could be possible for you to be subconsciously influenced. I mean, you could think that you aren't being influenced by it, but the subconscious part of your brain (the stuff the brain does that you don't know about) might be a factor in influencing your actions due to different types of music. Not saying it's true, of course, but I think it is possible.

Edit: Of course, if this was true, it wouldn't apply to just metal.
Last edited by The Arch-Mage at Jul 23, 2006,
If anything metal relaxes me.

I do find myself putting metalcore on when I'm angry, and then find myself even more so after a few tracks..
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by Bodom_Shredder7

what he said.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
No it fucking doesn't you fucking piece of shit.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
I don't think it does. If anything, I've known most fans of true metal that are the opposite, at least as far as rational goes. I think that you tend to take less crap from other people, that's the only influence that I know of. And while all music tends to generate and intends to generate some kind of emotional response, if you are an intelligent human being you won't go out killing someone because 'the music told you to'.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I listen to jack johnson, ben harper, dave matthews, bob marley, and sublime... and I don't smoke weed.

does music influence people? I'm sure some music influences some people a little bit. Like if a metal band comes along and someone can relate to the lyrics, it may change the way they feel about certain things.

But can heavily distorted guitars and lots of drums drive a perfectly sane person to slaughter a bunch of people? Uh.... I'm not too sure about that.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Just Waiting for the "Unfathomable_bo" comment to come in.

The almighty "I think metal people are angry because they are made of Metal and thus cannot move".
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
If you exclusively listen to metal, and I mean really heavy metal, I can understand that it would for some people, but if you listen to a wide range of music it shouldnt really. For me if I'm feeling angry or upset I'll pull out the Zappa, and within a few minutes that anger has gone, so I can understand how with some people if they are angry and listen to angry music it could affect them, but as I said for the vast majority of people it does nothing much, but for some it acts as a catalyst.
metal will only influence you to do supid things if your already ****ing stupid. Dosen't anyone have self control anymore?
GEAR:
Washburn x10 "Washy"
Ibanez S470DXQM "Kimberly"
BC Rich NJ strat "Sydney"
Roland Cube 60
Vox V847
Boss OD1
Boss CE2
Digitech Death Metal
Russian Big Muff PI
DOD Deth Metal
Ibanez SM9
It does...

all forms of media feed into your sub-concious, and that is in fact where most decisions and personality traits lie...

A person can overcome their subconcious if they think conciously of their emotions, and realize their own irrational behaviour... the problem is because your emotions lie in your subconcious we rarely are able to question them, only feel their effects.
High Templar of the UG Secret Society
PM SickMetal or Sanitarium24 to join.
aNOMaly
Compared to rap? lol.

I think most Metalheads are Nice and/or Arrogant people. But 90% of the time, it's calming. But compared to rap? How could Metal be called more violent then rap? The whole culture is seething with 'Dawgz with gunz bitch slappin' hoez' Aiiight.
if you have belief in ur soul and jesus you can do anything
Page 1 of 3