Hi guys,

My fretboard has these dry cracks on them due to the recent hot weather. I want to condition it with gibson fretboard conditioner. The problem is how do you keep the bridge level while taking all the strings off? I've heard if you just let the bridge sink in it will screw up the guitar. I've seen many videos on string changing and fretboard cleaning on floyd rose but all of them are OFR instead of a low-pro version of FR. All they do is they pull the bridge up and place a battery under it to keep it level. But i don't think i can acutally pull the bridge high enough so it would fit a battery under it because mines low-pro. Any low-pro FR user have tips on cleaning fretboard? Thanks in advance.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
Last edited by wind88 at Jul 22, 2006,
i let mine sink in and nothing happened
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Hmm, so do you just let it sink everytime you clean your fretboard? And hey, thanks for the reply!
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
yeah nothing happens to it and once you put new strings on, the second you start turning the tuners, the bridge will go back in place
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
let it sink, ive been dealing with floyd roses for the last 4 years, and i always let mines sink, and it never messes up
Alright, thanks a bunch guys!
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.
I dont let mine sink, just put a folded clean cloth or small tower underneith it.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
dont u oil the bridge though? With one is the problem? I dont think me and the theadstarter want to start taking our vegetable or lemon oil now wouldnt we? :P
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
I'm just talking about cleaning the fretboard I guess ill do the towel trick too.
Gear:
Black Jackson Dinky 2
Peavey Envoy 110
and that's it.