i loved all of their first selftitled album and i i must of listened to the toxicity cd about 100 times. Their third was decent, i like A.D.D and A-E-I-O-U( i think its called) but i never really listened to their new stuff or had any intrest in it.
You can get a better discussion going in the Only System of a Down Thread in the Nu-Metal Forum.

As for me, it's all about the first album. Suite-Pee, Sugar, P.L.U.C.K., Peephole, Soil...kickass record.
Sadly this thread will get deleted or moved because some people like to believe that SOAD is nu-metal... something they proved they werent with the new albums.

I like 'em and so Im a little concerned with all the break up rumors... I mean, the write heavy music with a middle-easten twist, and a FAR greater twist than the bland nu-metal bands. Hell I would call SOAD progressive and group them with the Mars Volta and such
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster
Quote by WrathofKahn
I mean, the write heavy music with a middle-easten twist, and a FAR greater twist than the bland nu-metal bands. Hell I would call SOAD progressive and group them with the Mars Volta and such

nu metal they have progressed beyoned, prog they are NOT. one or two of their earlier tracks arent bad, but the newer stuff is dreadful. they're a band that i've really grown to dislike, and i find that among SOAD fans, Daron Malakian is HUGELY over-rated.
Quote by Alucard II
nu metal they have progressed beyoned, prog they are NOT. one or two of their earlier tracks arent bad, but the newer stuff is dreadful. they're a band that i've really grown to dislike, and i find that among SOAD fans, Daron Malakian is HUGELY over-rated.

Prog is undefinable really... so I cant agree. They are prog to me because of their use of middle-eastern rhythms and scales. I would call Queen prog, and SOAD always made me think of Queen
Gear
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster | Fender Deluxe Reverb
Jaguar | Stratocaster | Telecaster | Jazzmaster