i jus boght medium gauge strings for my steel string acoustic and was wondering if i should use them or not. i heard theyre too storng or someting. i been playing abiout a year and a half and am like best in my school filled with guitarists so i know not to use them when i was a beggner but am wondering if i should now
thats right.....im available

green day won best band of the year...next thing you know theyll start telling us barneys actually a shade of blue
Do you want to use them? If you say yes, put them on. If you say no, go get different strings. If they were too "strong," then why would the string company have decided to mass produce them? Think about it. It's all a matter of choice and taste. I prefer to use light to medium-light gauges on acoustic, but perhaps you dont agree.

Hey guys! I just started playing electric guitar should I get a Gabson Lay Pall or a Femdor Startokaster. I like the picks on the gabsons but i like how sweet femdors look. Beforre i get a gabson what company makes them?
actually you couldve used em when u were a beginner easier isnt always better, its all about feel, why would you buy them if you werent sure abot em? lol your stupid, theyl be harder to bend but youll get more volume
I use 12's on my electric and acoustic.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

I use 13's on my acoustic : ).
Not too heavy at all.
10's on my electric though.
The acoustic thirteens sound SOOOOO rich when I put a brand new set on. Greatest sound ever.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
I just bought a martin and I was reading the instruction booklet and it said to use medium or lower (heavy strings are too thick and might pull the bridge off). But I am pretty sure medium strings are good for any guitar other than some super old one maybe or in really hot weather.
yeah i put them on and they have a rich sound. tuning up was a bit scary tho. plaing is a bit harder now but its good

green day won best band of the year...next thing you know theyll start telling us barneys actually a shade of blue
You guys are hypothetically the biggest retarts I have ever come across.
Look dash_right, I have been playing guitar now for nearly 9 years and I can tell you that no matter how heavy or light the strings are is not going to make the guitar anymore fragile than it already is. Hears how strings work. The bigger the gage of the strings just means how deep the sound of the guitar will be and it will also determin how good drop chords such Drop D, C# & Cmaj will sound. The strings will not harm your accoustic in any way what so ever ok, for example, I bought a ****ty $200 meytinez guitar right chucked a set of 14-62 gage strings on there and now it sounds like a $5000 dollar guitar ok. think about that and don't listen to trapt cause' he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about ok.
B.W.Downes
^ So if I were to find a set of .20-.98 strings, they wouldn't snap the neck or pull out the bridge?

The bigger the gauge, the bigger the tension. Too much tension = firewood
I have 13's on my D-10 downtuned half a step.

The 12's aren't really that much harder to play than lower gauge strings, and sounds much nicer (loud).

So, yeah, slap em' on, see if you like them. If not, oh well.
Official CEO of the Official Club of Official Officials

How about that title?
Quote by Ben Downes
You guys are hypothetically the biggest retarts I have ever come across.
Look dash_right, I have been playing guitar now for nearly 9 years and I can tell you that no matter how heavy or light the strings are is not going to make the guitar anymore fragile than it already is. Hears how strings work. The bigger the gage of the strings just means how deep the sound of the guitar will be and it will also determin how good drop chords such Drop D, C# & Cmaj will sound. The strings will not harm your accoustic in any way what so ever ok, for example, I bought a ****ty $200 meytinez guitar right chucked a set of 14-62 gage strings on there and now it sounds like a $5000 dollar guitar ok. think about that and don't listen to trapt cause' he has absolutely no idea what he's talking about ok.

9 years or 9 days? It's retards, not retarts, and going gauge 14 or above in standard tuning can shorten the life of your acoustic. Unless you use a drop tuning, not drop chord(I don't know what the hell you were going for there), in which case you'll be better off.

I ran 14's for a while despite the risk, though the sound was great, it certainly didn't make my $130 practice acoustic sound like a "$5000 dollar guitar ok." Not to mention they were expensive and I snapped my G string bending because of the increased tension they required. I normally play with EXP coated 13's and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
.13's are my personal favorite for acoustic 6-strings. They are so bassy and great sounding, I wouldn't use lighter strings for it anyday.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by ScreamingCheeto
holy monkey ovaries

You sir, have been SIGGED

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
well whatever it was a small question. either way these sound way nicer so im keeping them. and yes i have red about using strong strings and how it shorten the life of your acoustic. that was my main question if that was true.