ive been playin guitar for a little while and know most of the needed skills to play, but anyone got some good songs to help practice trilling and bending.. i can do them sorta but i think some practice could help, and i do best with songs so. any help would be appricated.
Do you Want Some SLAW?
trilling and bending at the same time??

Start with your basic trill:

e|--10h12p10h12p10h12.....--|

Try doing it with your Middle and ring fingers.

Then place your index finger on the 9th fret and use that to help you bend at the same time.
Been away, am back
lol i dont mean at the same time
.... but thanks for the tip though.
Do you Want Some SLAW?
Quote by pittloser22
lol i dont mean at the same time
.... but thanks for the tip though.

lol my bad, miss-understanding the question.

Are you sure you mean trilling? Usually trilling means just hammering and pulling off on two notes only.

It just takes practice. Dont forget to warm up though, i notice if i dont warm up that well and start doing them, i get an ache in my forearm.
Been away, am back
Don't forget, trilling can be honed through sheer mechanics, but bending requires training of the ear to a certain extent. Make sure for a while you play with the recording until you feel confident you can bend to proper pitch every time. And it can't be learned persay by muscle memory, because as you switch between guitars (especially electric and acoustic), the scales vary so much that bending on one guitar will produce a different pitch than another guitar bent with the same angle, if that makes sense.

If it helps, if the tab calls for bending a whole step up, then play the note a whole step up and then right afterwards try to bend to it, this can help train what you're looking for. But keep in mind the artist may not have bent perfectly to pitch either.

Bry
Quote by wylde_overdrive
Large Brownie Batter Blizzard with chunks of brownie. *Dairy product orgasm*

Yes, i'm fat
The intro to Wherever I May Roam by Metallica has some trills in it.
AC/DC - Thunderstruck

helluva workout
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by axe_grinder247
AC/DC - Thunderstruck

helluva workout

That's not trilling, that's hammer-on pull-off stuff.
trilling requires strength, consecutive hammer-on and pull-off sequences build strength...problem?
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.