Page 1 of 3
A thread to talk about my fav guitarist atm.

Awesome player, i find him more entertaining than satch, anyone agree?

And Does anyone have a tab for "Theres no money in jazz"? As it used to be on mysongbook before it got all deleted and crap.
I like him, and I like his guitars looks. His tone can be very good depending on what songs or vids you hear...creative man he is.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
I like how bare his tone is tho, he doesnt need the **** that like vai throws in front of all his gear. I mean if mattias uses wah or a reverb thats him being extravagant.
Ehh...I like Vai's tone alot too. Vai may be a bit overproduced, but it's for a good reason.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
I dunno, the wank barrier in my ear has a few issues with vai. But that sed he is a god amongst men.
Great guitarist

Quote by Yespleasevicar
I like how bare his tone is tho, he doesnt need the **** that like vai throws in front of all his gear. I mean if mattias uses wah or a reverb thats him being extravagant.

The Laneys remind me of Paul Gilberts dry type of tone....if he was a bigger Frank Zappa fan and used a ton a pinch harmonics

(edit: I just realised there are 3 DIFFERENT Laneys in that picture, mmm....)
Last edited by seljer at Jul 22, 2006,
Its not all pinch harmonics tho, its just ****ed up natural ones. Does anyone have that tab btw? haha Love the new orange AppleHorn tho
Quote by Mascot
His background music is worse than Vai's tone.

Hmmm sum of Vai's Keyboards tho....

But I dont wanna compare them they both very very different and equally shud have an island named after them.

Was anyone else pissed off after hearing mattias' amazing solo stuff, then hearing the cheese elements freak kitchen?
IA > You

SRSLY

I love this guy. A lot. SOOOOOO innovative and unique.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
I love Mattias SOO much. I was thinking of making a MIE thread too. I remember the first time I heard him, it was like the first time hearing Yngwie... in the sense that at the very beginning it was like impossible to type his name, kinda like Yngwies.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Kind of like at first it was impossible to type Von Unaussprechlichen Kulten.

/nile wh0re
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
Yeah listen to Apoc. He knows what he's talking about.

Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I figured you were going to sig that. And this if you have any sense of humor what so ever.

Founder of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM me or altronataku to join
The first time I heard him, I was in shock. It was a lesson for a magazine, but I listened to that lesson like a normal song; it was that well constructed.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Quote by Yespleasevicar

Was anyone else pissed off after hearing mattias' amazing solo stuff, then hearing the cheese elements freak kitchen?

I think they both are about fun... and I like freak kitchen even better than his solo stuff (although I think freak kitchen is kinda a solo project). His singing is great too...
Yer, i was well surprised at how good his singing was. I just think his instrumentals are better constructed
Mattias IA is the man , i put him in the same leauge as Ron Thal (Bumblefoot).
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
I like it. He's not my favorite, but he definately has some original material. My favorite is Lydia's House.
Bill and Ted Fan Club Member #3. PM ollerom_mot or me to join.

"Let the Spirit guide your fingers."
Quote by Yespleasevicar
Here yar everyone just made an assortment of Mattias Licks for all yall to enjoy. Still looking for a "Theres No Money In Jazz" Tab.

Cheerzums

thats insane
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Mascot
His background music is worse than Vai's tone.

Agreed He is an interesting player with a hell of a tone. Anyone know the name of the song when he immitates a printer? That song is so cool!
^Print This.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Meh, not a big fan. Too weird for me. Some songs are cool though and his minor swing cover is awesome!
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Going to see Freak Kitchen in September andmy mate is good mates with the guy who booked them inEdinburgh so I shall be getting to meet IA
RE: Al DiMeola
Quote by Bill69

he sucks, why woudlnt u play guitar with a pick? oh ya, thats cuz you suck. kerry king owns whoever this guy is

Member 03 of the Yngwie Malmsteen fanclub PM Yngwie Malmstien to join.
Quote by HammerForce
Going to see Freak Kitchen in September andmy mate is good mates with the guy who booked them inEdinburgh so I shall be getting to meet IA

=o You lucky bastard.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

I'm glad to see UG has a thread for Mattias. Hugely innovative and interesting guitarist. I love how he writes insane pieces and yet can still write the occasional serious song. IA has chops from hell!

I love all of his tremelo tricks, especially on stuff like The Road Less Traveled.

His tone? I love his tone. Its very unitque and to me it seems pretty transparent and natural. Laney amplifiers kick ass! So do caparison guitars, haha. I think its ironic I've been a fan yet havent seen a person who endorses both the vh100r and the Horus.
I just started getting into this guy after seeing a bunch of youtube vids of him about a week ago. I'm looking to get some of his CD's, but I can't find any and the ones online are imports so the price is preety high. Any place where I can find them? And what are his best albums?
Eh... Freak Guitar and Freak Guitar 2: The Road Less Travelled.

I'm sure you can find a copy for a reasonable price online anywhere in the world. If, however, you're a spoilt american that's used to have bargain after bargain shoved in front of his nose, I guess not.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
If, however, you're a spoilt american that's used to have bargain after bargain shoved in front of his nose, I guess not.

Not all of us are like that, you know >_>
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Quote by TheUltimateSin
Not all of us are like that, you know >_>

Hence the if.

Click.
I know. Just putting it out there

Mattias sounds great. I think I'll have to pick up an album next time I am cd-shopping.
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
I downloaded alot of his solo stuff, then got told bya mate hes not the richest fellow in the world and brought his albums lol. Hes still relativly undiscovered, and i rele like that. But he deserves to be up with the greats as he is so instantly recognisable. I prefer his playing compared to someone like Shawn Lane, just think he has more character *winces as lane fans get sticks to beat me with*
Yeah I have only Freak guitar, but I think it's one of those CD's that makes you feel like a whole new experience, kinda like listening too shred for the first time. It just feels great.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Last edited by Godly Moose at Sep 5, 2006,
Quote by Godly Moose
Yeah I have only Freak guitar, but I think it's one of those CD's that makes you feel like a whole new experience, kinda like listening too shred for the first time. It jsut feels great.

Well if ur a buckethead fan, ur right at home rele. I think they are very similar on that mattias isnt mysterious. But the fans seem so go hand in hand.
I think if u like zappa youll like Primus if u like Primus u like buckethead and if u like Buckethead then mattias is right up ur street.
Well, I like Eklundh, but I've never been into Buckethead or Primus much.

Click.
paul gilbert = buckethead ?????????????????????????????/
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
I've never heard of him. What are some good songs?Or albums, cause i never download music . And about buying shredder albums, what stores usually carry them, cause i went to best buy and i couldnt find any Jason Becker albums.
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
Quote by hepzibahbaptist
I've never heard of him. What are some good songs?Or albums, cause i never download music . And about buying shredder albums, what stores usually carry them, cause i went to best buy and i couldnt find any Jason Becker albums.

Where ever I go too it seems they wont sell anything outside of Petrucci, Malmsteen, Vai, and Satch. : / Basicaly almost any shred albums wont be sold at Walmart, Best Buy, Target, K-Mart, etc.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Quote by hepzibahbaptist

Whenever I get the itch to buy such albums, and can afford to drive to it, I go the Mall of America. The Sam Goody the have has everything. EVERYTHING.

At least, when I go they do >_>

So I'd assume that other Sam Goody stores would maybe carry such albums. I've only been to 3 different Sam Goody's though :/
Quote by Resiliance

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Page 1 of 3