Poll: Perferred guitar scale length?
Poll Options
View poll results: Perferred guitar scale length?
22.5"
2 4%
23.5"
2 4%
24"
5 10%
24.75"
11 23%
25.1"
1 2%
25.5"
27 56%
Baritone or Other scale length
0 0%
Voters: 48.
Not talking about Major or Minor scales here, lets here your favorite guitar scale and why?

"A guitar's scale length is the distance between the bone nut or zero fret and the bridge's saddle. This measurement not only determines the placement of the frets for proper intonation, but has a profound effect on string tension, tone, and in some cases, tuning stability." quoted from - http://www.12fret.com/fret/fv4n7.htm

Personally, I enjoy the 25.5" scale the best thats found on many soloist style bodies, I guess its what I've gotten used to. I also perfer to have jumbo frets as well for shredding...
25.5" for me, too, 24 frets, and extra jumbos
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
how about the strat 21 or tele 22

with jumbo frets on a maple fretboard
(white strat or 3 tone sunburst tele)
I prefer 56.5".

...Actually, I prefer 25.5. I have EXTREMELY big hands (Exactly six inches from bottom of palm to tip of middle finger), so it's hard for me to squeeze in with the higher frets on my SG.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
I know this is a dumb question but i am kind of new so i can ask it. I know it has something to do with the neck but what exactly is scale length?
“It's easy to play any musical instrument: all you have to do is touch the right key at the right time and the instrument will play itself.” - Bach
Quote by God Am
I prefer 56.5".

...Actually, I prefer 25.5. I have EXTREMELY big hands (Exactly six inches from bottom of palm to tip of middle finger), so it's hard for me to squeeze in with the higher frets on my SG.

man your hands arent THAT big, from the bottom of my palm to the tip of my middle finger is 7 1/2 inches

i prefer the 25.5 also from what ive played
Quote by CORT noob
Sex her, take the guitar, then sex her mom and have her walk in on you. Then, mom is happy, she doesn't want to be your friend anymore, and you keep the geetar. It's a win win for America!
i love bending but also love shredding... so maybe i'll go with something around 24-25, lol...
short, easier bends
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Sorry, the first time I measured them was with my hands. I just got some measuring tape. Make it 8 1/2 inches. Sorry, I'm terrible with measurements.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Quote by God Am
I prefer 56.5".

yeah, dude, ur hands arent HUGE at all, mine are 7.5" from the bottom of my palm to the tip of my middle finger, and my hands are small compared to my bassist's hands, which would be like .5" or a little bigger than mine.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
Les Pauls (And all Gibsons) are 24.75.

24.75 is very comfortable for me, but I've had more playing w/ 25.5

Scale Length doesn't bother me much, I guess.
haha
24 or 25 is good for me **** i take any
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
Quote by Pants99
I know this is a dumb question but i am kind of new so i can ask it. I know it has something to do with the neck but what exactly is scale length?

Read the opening post
Member #25 of the Ibanez SZ over RG Club! PM ibanez4life SZ! to join

Ibanez SZ320BK, Squier Classic Vibe 50's Statocaster, Laney Cub 12

Quote by Punk2Guitar
your my hero

Quote by benjy118
I love you

Thank you very much
24.75" and 25.5"

While i like those lengths i don't get all fussy about having those exact measurements on m guitars and refuse to play anything else.
The good Ol' 25.5 scale length, reliable, faithful it is
Quote by God Am
I prefer 56.5".

theyre not big! mines 8.4 inches, tho i am exceedingly tall - jim root tall lol

25.5" 24 jumbo frets feels awesome for me
Sorry to go slightly off topic here but i'm getting a schecter c1 classic and it's 25.5 but i have pretty small hands...will i find this scale size hard to use?
Quote by mr_fruitbowl
Sorry to go slightly off topic here but i'm getting a schecter c1 classic and it's 25.5 but i have pretty small hands...will i find this scale size hard to use?

was it hard to use when you tried it out?

I prefer longscale instruments(no fuckin' violin) because of my large hands.
I'd say I have probably average size hands maybe a little more...but mine come in at 7" from bottom of palm to tip middle finger.

ur index finger scares me 0.o''
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
:O Diminished29 you have the same type of fingers as me! Now i know i'm not the only one with naturally bent fingers.