Heres a quick cover i threw together. I played the drums on my ion electric drumset purchased at target(hell yeah!) and the guitar on my epiphone sg and i also sang it. My freind on this fourm Redrumsixsix6 did the screams.

Keep in mind we are both not hugely familar with this song and i did not use tab

this was my fisrt time using audacity but i think it turned out well

www.purevolume.com/dontholdbacknj
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.
sounds alright scept the singer could really use some practice. theres this thing...its called "in key."on the melodic parts, hes off. other then though its good
Timing was way off. The singing wasn't TOO bad, but the screaming parts were atrocious.
Guitars
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Fender Standard Strat (w SD JB Humbucker in bridge)
Squire Strat
Amps
Marshall TSL 60 Head
1960A Cab
Line 6 Spider II 112
Rack
Korg DT-1 Tuner
DBX Compressor
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by STPGuitar311 at Jul 24, 2006,
yeah pretty sloppy, i mean if you're looking for honest criticisms of your skill level you should do more than just "throw it together." Timing is off on everything, singing is not awful but generally off key, and the screaming, well its not really screaming, like if he were standing in front of me doing that it would probably be at an acceptable conversation volume. If you're gonna scream then SCREAM don't just sing in your throat like some satan voice.
yeah i realize that the timing was way off now that i listen to it a few mroe times. I'm goging to spend a lot more time on the next one and choose a song i am good and familar with
Old king cole was a merry old soul, a merry old soul was he.
He called for his pipe, and he called for his bowl( ****ing stoner)
and he called information for numbers he could have easily looked up in the phone book.