Does anyone know of a program similiar to audacity, only it can record video too.... so I can record VIDEO while playing over a backing track? The way I have it set up, my pedal plugs directly into my computer so you can't hear anything but the guitar, so I want to record video of my playing blues improv with a backing track in the back round. Pretty much I want a video version of audacity. Anyone know of something like this? Thanks

PB
Originally posted by bobjewell87:
what the hells an emo song?
Windows Movie Maker. You must have camcorder with volume off. Take the audio file from your recording and place with the video footage. I've made a couple of music videos like this using live audio recording from club gigs, and using open source animations that I splice together.
Wait.... I think understand what your saying but that's not what I want.

First, I have a webcam. What I want to do is record a video of me playing blues improv over a blues backing track. The problem is that when I record the video, it records audio, but you can only hear my solo, and no backing track. What I want to do is record the improv over the BT, similiar to audacity. When I press record video, the backing track starts playing, so there aren't any timing issues and everything is worked out.
Don't know of a program to do that with. Lining up the timing isn't that hard with the Movie Maker though. Is there a way to play through an amp while the backing track is on say through a cd player, mix volumes, catch with video cam?
Haha yeah that's what I think I'm gonna do... it's trickier but that'll have to do. Thanks for the help dude
i have sonar 4 producer edition by cakewalk.it's has the capabilitys you are looking for.but i'm not sure if you would be able to get your hands on a copy of it.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
Thanks... I'll see what I can do.... *WINK*
Quote by kornflipsk8er
i have sonar 4 producer edition by cakewalk.it's has the capabilitys you are looking for.but i'm not sure if you would be able to get your hands on a copy of it.

Ok I just got this program... and you say it can record video too?
If you want to go and spend some money, you can by Steinberg Nuendo, professional video editing. Steinberg are the creaters of Cubase and Nuendo is their flagship software.
Quote by les_paul_01
In Soviet Russia, song copyrights you!