Ok, my birthday is on the 25th, and I want to buy a electric guitar because Im tired of my acoustic. I have no experience on the electric guitar and I was wondering if you guys could send me some links of a really good brand new guitar from the price range of

$120-$175

Id love to find a gibson or fender.

And see this will be my first electric guitar, and maybe my last one for a while and i want it to be a really good guitar!.

Plz help me, Its my birthday coming up!
Save up dude.

You wont hardly get a guitar at that price, much less a half way decent one.....

You need about 100-150$ more dollars, dont be in a rush, i made the mistake and ended up unhappy with what i got. Just keep saving and you can get a guitar that you will really like and you can actually stick to for a long time.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
save at least 300 or so dollars, trust me.... i got a $200 dollar electric, not good enough
Save about 300 dollars more and get yourself a decent guitar because 175 ain't gonna cut it. Your not gonna find a gibson under 500 dollars and cheap fenders suck so yeah I advise you to save a little more.
sometimes those washburns can be decent guitars for about that much. But yeah, i would save up more and try to get a mex made strat or tele for about 400 bucks.
true, i cant get nothing for those prices, but Im just trying to find a good guitar to start out with, then ill save up to get a good guitar,
^Why not just get a good guitar?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Itd be better to keep that 175$ then save up on top of that. Another 100 dollars and you can get a used mexican made fender strat on ebay.
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
okay, ill take all of you guys advice and save, how much does a gibson les paul studio guitar cost?
somwhere around the $800 mark maybe more.
Du Hast Meche

Member 21 of "I Survived UG Pwn Day"

Quote by HugoMadizon
What is a pup?

Quote by azn_guitarist25
sir, are you a retard.
What style do you play? What bands do you like? O and dont forget about an amp
Depending on how long you've been playing acoustic/how good you are you'll probably love any electric guitar you try out (assuming you like the sound of an electric guitar more than an acoustic) when you first try electric because you'll be able to play sounds that are originally played on an elecric and have them sound right. I'd recommend saving your money up depending on the style you play and ask again when you have maybe $500 or so. If you're looking for a Gibson Les Paul Studio that runs you over $1000 I think. Don't take my word for it. Check out a guitar shop and play some guitars and see what you like. I got a cheap acoustic guitar after my electric thinking it would be fun to have an acoustic (this guitar is $80 and not really very good) and ended up disappointed and wishing I had saved that money although it wasn't the most expensive thing.
Schecter C-1 Classic
Seagull S6
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo
Oh yeah, what amp do you own?
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
since its your "first electric" im assuming your going to have to buy an amp along with the guitar right?
Save more. And also take into consideration that you'll need an amp.

Here are my recommendations. Since you like the Gibson Les Paul Studio, I'll recommend similar styled guitars;

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Agile AL-2500
Agile AL-3000

All of those are under $500. The Agiles are only $250-$350 and are great guitars for the money. The AL-3000 is actually comparable to the Gibson Les Paul Studio.

As for amps, do NOT make the mistake I did and buy a Marshall MG. There are better amps out there. Look at the Vox Valvetronix AD15VT. It should be perfect for a good starter practice amp.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by sithian476
Agile?

Most Agiles are $200+, maybe less on eBay, but who sells those things?

Threadstarter: A used Fender MIM Standard?
My Gear:
Fender Japan Strat (80s)
Gibson SG Standard
Epi Goth Explorer (FAV)
Fender HotRod DeVille
Ibanez TS-9
Akai Wah Pedal
Quote by SHANANDO

Seriously, this sounds like a pussy squable from Saved By The Bell or some **** like that.

Quote by Xenn99
Save more. And also take into consideration that you'll need an amp.

Here are my recommendations. Since you like the Gibson Les Paul Studio, I'll recommend similar styled guitars;

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plain Top
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Agile AL-2500
Agile AL-3000

All of those are under $500. The Agiles are only $250-$350 and are great guitars for the money. The AL-3000 is actually comparable to the Gibson Les Paul Studio.

As for amps, do NOT make the mistake I did and buy a Marshall MG. There are better amps out there. Look at the Vox Valvetronix AD15VT. It should be perfect for a good starter practice amp.

Agreed. I suggest the Agile AL-3000 and the Vox Valvetronix (I own an AD30VT, but for starting out 15VT would be better)
Quote by Keef-is-king
Seinfeld: The Video Game

It'd be a game about nothing. But it would be fantastic, better than the Sims by far because there would be more jews.
i think he should probably just get a starter guitar like everyone else.
he's almost got the funds already.

micro cube $125US for amp. (or the vox DA5.)

and either a $100 dean, a $150 ibanez fixed bridge, or $200 yamaha pacifica.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
i would save up and get a decent epiphone of a shine. but some shines can be **** so watch out :
i agree with the people who suggested getting a vox ad15vt, i have it and it's pretty nice. as for the guitar, ebay can be pretty helpful
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.

Quote by ac/dc_freak91
Sweet! Thank you good sir, you've saved my ass!

You shuold get a combined birthday and christmas guitar if you want. Epiphone guitars are pretty descent plus they got the looks you want. An epiphone Sg vg400 vintage in cherry red look and sound awesome. About $300 for a guitar and maybe 200-250 for a descent practice amp.