Has anybody heard of Oysterhead? I came across one of their CD's.

From Wiki:

Oysterhead is a rock supergroup featuring guitarist Trey Anastasio of Phish, bassist Les Claypool of Primus, and drummer Stewart Copeland of The Police. The style and sound of the band is a unique, somewhat bizarre mix between Anastasio's jam band style, the bass-oriented funk metal music of Claypool, and the reggae-influenced beats of Copeland. To many, this is considered to be the bridge between the music of Phish and Primus.

Personally, I think they kick ass, and I want to hear what you guys have to say about em if you've heard em.
saw them live. certainly impressive musicians, but really not my bag at all. the songs are very inferior to phish songs, probably because i was never into claypool and it has his clear influence. i'm no authority though, not a fan of most any jambands.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Oysterhead own so much.

when all else has been done and said, along comes mr oysterhead...
Quote by trev913
RHCPhysco for the win.

Quote by rmr024
poop? i put it in a blender from time to time

Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join.
Oysterhead is great. I prefer Primus, but that doesn't take away from the fact Oysterhead is a phenomenally talented band. It's always good to see a supergroup live up to their potential.

On a related note, I saw Les Claypool live yesterday. Obviously he's not capable of doing Primus or Oysterhead tracks in their entirety, but he played a little bit of "Rubberneck Lions". Great show, he played for nearly 2 1/2 hours. Les also broke out his whamola, which was great. If you ever get a chance to see him live DO IT!
Last edited by slinks at Aug 15, 2006,
I've only heard "Mr. Oysterhead" but I love Claypools music (Primus, Frog Brigade, His Solo stuff w/e) But what are some of Oysterheads best songs in your opinion?
Primus > Oysterhead, but Oysterhead still owns my face.
The Proverbial Mind Spread of The Primus Sucks Club. PM StratEnRegalia to join.
Originally posted by Draken
we're not nerds thank you very much i have a very respectable 40k imperial guard army.
Oysterhead kicks ass. I'm not a fan of their more phishy songs, but I still dig. I'd love to see em live...that's the whole point of listening to jambands. Studio music is limiting, but when a jam band gets to jam, especially a Claypool band...great things happen.

Best Songs:
Rubberneck Lions
Little Faces
Mr Oysterhead
Army is on Ecstasy
Radon Balloons (best trey-influenced song)
My brother has the CD, and I heard it years ago, but haven't for a while, good from what I can remember, and to skeptopotamus, amazing avatar, spread is godlike.
Trey is a Jedi.

Co-Founder of the Ten Years After Fan Club. PM me or TheHeartbreaker to join.

Member of the Grateful Dead Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.

Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club. PM deadhead313313 to join.
Quote by mydadisjewish
i love this band. i have their live cover of pink floyd=animals in its entirety.

Are you sure that's not Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade? The reason I ask is the Frog Brigade's album, Live Frogs: Set 2 is a cover of Animals in its entirety.
yeah thats flying frog brigade, but oysterhead is the ****..

my brother saw oysterhead live at bonnaroo, i wanted an oysterhead shirt but he got a bonnaroo shirt - one that was too big. he ended up taking it anyway
Quote by slinks
Are you sure that's not Les Claypool's Fearless Flying Frog Brigade? The reason I ask is the Frog Brigade's album, Live Frogs: Set 2 is a cover of Animals in its entirety.

OOPS. my mp3 is mistitled then. thanks for the correction