Page 1 of 2
Are there any good female guitarists? I don't know of any...

edit: Just to clarify I didn't mean this as an insult at all.. and I kinda meant well known ones. For example, whenever I look in one of the five hundred threads about guitar influences, it seems like I never see a female mentioned.
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
Last edited by Viruk at Jul 23, 2006,
no there arent any.........read my sig...the last line only
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Me

Lita Ford
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
hmmmm... there arent any good guitarists that play metal or rock or the good stuff. alanis morriss-however you say her last name i think she plays guitar??
Quote by Lord_Of_Dance.

I never understood why a girl would take a boner as a bad thing "Oh no, your attracted to me, you sick wanker." :\ x

Quote by Nelsean
Im saying this the straightest way possible, but...

I'd have sexual intercourse with your anus.
I know 2 girl guitarist .. and they both stink.
this one girl has been playing for almsot 3 years and I've only been playing for 2
and she didnt stand a ****in chance, and the other girl has been playing for like 5 or something and she stinks more then the girl that had been playin for 3 years.
theres that crazy great kat chick. i read an article about her in guitar player. i didnt believe it at first cuz the interview didnt start out with "well were breaking all the stereotypes to show that men arent the only ones who can rock" but shes really....colorful.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
BC Rich Platinum Series Beast
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender 60th Anniversary Strat
Hartke GT100 Head
Hartke GH412a Cabinet
Dunlop Classic Wah
Danelectro FAB Metal
DOD Phaser Pedal
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal
Quote by Viruk
Are there any good female guitarists? I don't know of any...

What do you consider good? Technically clean and fast or just "sellouts" ?

There are probably alot of female guitarists who can shred clean and fast...
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
The Great Kat is technically proficient, but she's a bitch.

Girls who play the guitar seem to like playing stuff that's easy so they don't have to practice or cut their fingernails. There are a few good YouTube videos, like this one I saw of a chick shredding on a strat. Chicks who play well are out there, but they're not too common. I guess the guitar is regarded as more of a guy's thing.
No animals were harmed in order to bring you the above post. However, several photons were greatly inconvenienced.

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNO-TOAD
Quote by Quintessence153
The Great Kat is technically proficient, but she's a bitch.

Girls who play the guitar seem to like playing stuff that's easy so they don't have to practice or cut their fingernails. There are a few good YouTube videos, like this one I saw of a chick shredding on a strat. Chicks who play well are out there, but they're not too common. I guess the guitar is regarded as more of a guy's thing.

I agree with you, all female guitarists I know can play their songs good and clean but they are...well... VERY simple. I don't really get that, since I picked up my guitar I felt i HAVE TO improve, you know. And I know alot of people who think like me. Although I never understood that "I don't want to cut off my fingernails" thing.
Member #8 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
hmmm, there is this one female shredder who's damn fast....like....vai fast...i dont remember her name though...dammit....ah well if i remember it ill post it

edit: check out the femal classical guitarists on youtube...now they could piss on any shredder :P
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
its kindof annoying how there seriously isnt any good female guitarists. boob get in the way.....like..the strap and stuff. im tottaly serious.
the lead guitarist in my band is a girl, and shes really good at guitar
Some Guy?
Quote by kooky_kaymo
its kindof annoying how there seriously isnt any good female guitarists. boob get in the way.....like..the strap and stuff. im tottaly serious.

psshh, youve gotta have like, D breasts for them to get in the way
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Popapez can shred0rz the acoustic guitar
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
Jennifer Knapp ... you just gotta listen to the strumming, I think she's great. If you like that kind of stuff though. Me, I'm a girl my most recent song I learned was Crazy Train. Although I wouldn't know where to put that on a talent scale. lol
I like boobies... ahem, I mean their are good female guitarist out there. you just have to look. I bet there are way more ****ty male guitarists than female.
i've been playing the guitar for 10 years. I would like to think i'm ok.
* casualty01 slinks away, sad, with a paddle in one hand and a strap on in the other.
Quote by acousticpyro23
i've been playing the guitar for 10 years. I would like to think i'm ok.

uh...ok? thanks for your helpful input. i really hope, for the sake of me makin fun of you, that your a girl. and that you have boobs. becuase as was aforementioned, thats the only real hindrance to girls playing is jugs. i dont understand it though. they have so little going on that they can get up and hour early to do their hair, but they cant stay focused enough to learn a pentatonic scale?
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
BC Rich Platinum Series Beast
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender 60th Anniversary Strat
Hartke GT100 Head
Hartke GH412a Cabinet
Dunlop Classic Wah
Danelectro FAB Metal
DOD Phaser Pedal
Boss DS-1
Digitech Death Metal
Quote by YJM_withastrat7
i dont understand it though. they have so little going on that they can get up and hour early to do their hair, but they cant stay focused enough to learn a pentatonic scale?

oh, dont go there sista'

girls only spend so long on their hair because it gets guys' attention. not necessarily the guys on this forum, most of you guys are different than the average guy. i spend 5 minutes on my hair, thank you. and my pentatonic scale kicks arse
Quote by mr. cool
popapez fucking knows every thing from how to touch a girl right to how to speak spanish
Quote by Smokey Amp
Quote by search49
In the Pit, generally only the things that popapez said were worthwhile. You're a goddess, darling.
[colo="deeppink"]oh, dont go there sista'

girls only spend so long on their hair because it gets guys' attention. not necessarily the guys on this forum, most of you guys are different than the average guy. i spend 5 minutes on my hair, thank you. and my pentatonic scale kicks arse

wrong format
^ arghhhh! youre not supposed to leave proof of that
Quote by mr. cool
Quote by Smokey Amp
Quote by search49
Quote by obliviousibanez
that girl in damone seems alright

noelle leblanc, and she owns (while she is mostly a rythm guitarist, not a shredder)
The Donnas (all of them) are GREAT musicians. I love them a lot. Also, I got into Damone a while back, they have really good, catchy stuff that I love as well. Heart is another great one.

Also, there was this woman my uncle showed me, it was on this site that takes place in this acoustic club in California or something, but she was AMAZING. She was taught by Randy Rhoads while he was still teaching with his parents in Santa Monica. She was REALLY amazing. I just wish I could remember that site, cause it had a great video.

The song was called "Superhuman Powers" or something of thta sort.

Lita Ford was good too. She plays some really good solos.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Sep 6, 2006,
wow come to think of it, ive never seen a girl be decent at guitar...maybe that one chick on youtube but thats it...have you ever walked into guitar center and heard a chick shredding...oh wait no one in guitar center can play, most of em are noobs

i want to see a girl be good at guitar...that one chick in the subways plays bass pretty good, shes cool
UG MISSILE BASE
Fight for the cause!

Quote by RMC06
Donkeyman2341, you are my new god!
ME, actually im not that great.

There is LEONA SHARPE, BETTY CISNEROS, and GILLIAN HANNA.

Those are my favorite female guitarists.
that women that was born in swindon, kat or somthing, apparently she is fast
MAV!
EUREKA!!!!!

Okay, this is the woman who was taught by Randy Rhoads and is just AMAZING.

Go to the link, and Click on Janet Robin. I would post a vid, but it has optional video types, so chose which one is best.

http://www.kulakswoodshed.com/musicvideos/indexvideos04.shtml
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Charo is damn good, Ann (or Nancy Wilson) She's very Jimmy Page sounding I think.

SUPEREDIT: Bonnie Raitt FTW
I Dig Music.

Quote by insideac

Okie, I like you too
let me finish ur thread title

..are ugly =\

3 words:

The Great Kat
meow :3
The girls in Sleater-Kinney are both really talented. They're all lesbos though so I'm not sure they count. Just kidding. They're really good though.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Page 1 of 2