Poll: Gibson SG or Gibson Les Paul Studio
Poll Options
View poll results: Gibson SG or Gibson Les Paul Studio
SG
6 50%
Les Paul Studio
6 50%
Voters: 12.
Im lookin to purchase a new gibson guitar and was wonderin if any1 could suggest the best kind from first hand experience something under $1,800. thanks
For under $1800, i'd say an SG.

I'll sell ya my Gibson M-4
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
People don't like Dave Mustaine because he created something that owned Metallica in just about every single aspect of thrash metal.

it's true
but an SG Menace. It's quite possibly the greatest guitar ever. It's got some of the greatest pickups ever.
Signatures are overrated.
**** are menaces really that good? I almost bought one but I couldn't find one to try or any reviews so I just got a faded special!
Personally (and I know I am going to receive hell for this) I think Gibson guitars, especially Les Pauls, are over rated and over priced. I have tried many Les Pauls and have yet to like one.
I'd go with the '61 reissue SG
PRS SAS or Gibson LP Standard+
Teese WOF->Analogman Sunlion->Dr. Scientist Elements->Foxrox Aquavibe->Strymon Timeline->Eventide Space
Mesa RoadKing II and 2 Vox AC15s run in stereo
Usually the Les Paul models are way WAY overpriced. Don't get my wrong, they are nice guitars, but at that price I would rather get a PRS, which IMO, out Gibsons Gibson. The ES-335 is nice.
well im lookin at playin anything from punk - classic, but my main intention is to keep it as new as i can more as a family heirloom, and possible rack up on that value lol. but im leanin more to the les paul studios now, but with the standard sgs a friend told me theyre not so great after all, any thoughts?
i have a studio and i love it to death :-) it's pickups are nice and hot, and i can cover anything from jazz to the most grueling of death metal.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
Quote by panthersNHL7
well im lookin at playin anything from punk - classic, but my main intention is to keep it as new as i can more as a family heirloom, and possible rack up on that value lol. but im leanin more to the les paul studios now, but with the standard sgs a friend told me theyre not so great after all, any thoughts?

the sg standard is pretty good, but the sg special....uhh, no
Are you kidding me? You're looking to spend $1800 on a guitar and keep it in a box for an heirloom? That's completely idiotic. You buy a guitar for one reason; to play it until it gives out. Then you get it fixed and keep playing it. You don't buy a guitar as an investment either. You buy it to use it!

We do not put guitars in boxes to save for heirlooms!

We take guitars, play them to death, then give a REAL heirloom!

As for which guitar, I suggest the LP Studio or Standard SG.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
ps. stuff is much more mass produced now, and it is better quality than older guitars. therefore more will be around in the future. and they won't be worth 100,000 grand like a '58 goldtop.
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
+1 on the studio... its looks close to a standard, but doesnt have the AA flame maple cap, or the bindings

the fireburst looks damn sexy or a studio plus

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Premium-Plus-Electric-Guitar?sku=517372

practically exactly likes a standard, except it doesnt have a binding, or burstbuckers, or the slim 60 neck(minor difference), it also has a higher grade flame